Roster Updated with Transfers/Signees

MGNation92

25 minutes ago, THOR said:

heading to the football powerhouse of jackson state...

Good luck with that. If he really thinks he is ever going to see any time playing in front of Deion Sander's son with Primetime as the Head Coach, he has another thing coming. Better get comfortable in that transfer portal. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, MGNation92 said:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster#sidearm-roster

One interesting name to note is Finn Corwin. Got a bunch of P5 PWO offers, and transferred in from OU. Played at Highland Park. Seems to fit the prototypical slot receiver role. Could be someone to watch

So is this another Michael Lawrence or Cole Beasley? I can't seem to find any video highlights.

• Upvote 3

I have no clue, but a PWO that gets 3 catches and a TD at OU is not too likely to get P5 scholarships in the transfer portal. Looks like he grew up an SMU fan, truly wonder why he didn't end up there.. maybe he can be the next Darden? Either way - welcome aboard! I wish you/us great success. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Any information on his speed?  

Of course, Fred Biletnificoff was no speed merchant who I had the privilege of seeing that Oakland ’Radah’ vs. the Houston Oilers.  (I’m old).🧔🏼 
🦅❇️🦅

Yeah, but I don't think they can bath in that tar stickum crap that Biletnificoff had on him.  He didn't have to catch the ball it just stuck to him.  I am old too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

Yeah, but I don't think they can bath in that tar stickum crap that Biletnificoff had on him.  He didn't have to catch the ball it just stuck to him.  I am old too.

I was wondering how ol’ Freddy caught a  Daryle Lamonica pass on the top middle part of his helmet.  

( Dad jokes sorta’ come natural, don’t they, ssg)?🙄😬

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I miss the days of "Stick-um".  The gloves they wear today are about as tacky without the mess.

image.jpeg.f348dc4155e8f2a52007471a53a44c26.jpeg

Peyton Manning did a story on this that was great.

http://www.xgames.com/video/27364729/peyton-gets-full-stickum-experience

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders/5-things-about-fred-biletnikoffs-sticky-fingers-2039524/

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 7.21.24 PM.png

74 catches is pretty impressive. Especially in a championship year when everyone knows your coming, and you didn't sneak up on anyone. I saw the DCTF summary of the HP-Shadow Creek game and he made a pretty impressive YAK run for a TD. Definitely a Michael Lawrence-type receiver.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

74 catches is pretty impressive. Especially in a championship year when everyone knows your coming, and you didn't sneak up on anyone. I saw the DCTF summary of the HP-Shadow Creek game and he made a pretty impressive YAK run for a TD. Definitely a Michael Lawrence-type receiver.

He actually ended up with over 90 receptions and 19 TDs - after playoffs. OU never gave him a scholarship though after two years. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...