Bernie

Philip Ferguson

Locked, but no suspensions or anything here. 

If we're going to keep politics out of here, we've got to police it pretty tightly. I think it's been a miracle and a godsend given the past few weeks, to say nothing of the past few months, that we haven't had any of the usual political infighting we saw for the past 12 years on GMG.com. 

I don't think anyone is trying to advance or object to a political point or philosophy here. But, the guy is a mascot/boogeyman in the political world. When the door opens a crack, it doesn't take much justifying to open it up more and more. 

I'd like to keep arguing over coaches and schemes, and not see the return of the rancor and unpleasantness that's sprung from even segregated and contained political arguments on the forum. 

So, locked. And let's please try to keep political memes, references, analogies, and everything of that stripe contained to the other corners of the internet.