Cam Johnson - UCLA?

El Paso Eagle

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So we have had transfers land at Arky State, SMU, and UCLA... 3 programs that most would consider better than ours. Are we still living in the dream that these guys were shown the door for the greater good of the program?

One landed at Arkansas St., one at Douche U and Johnson has an offer.  Ozougwu opted out last year and wasn't shown the door, Siggers was likely beginning the year #3 on the depth chart and Johnson graduated and is using his extra year of eligibility due to 'Rona to see what's out there.  I know that doesn't fit your MO, but some clarification reveals the truth.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

One landed at Arkansas St., one at Douche U and Johnson has an offer.  Ozougwu opted out last year and wasn't shown the door, Siggers was likely beginning the year #3 on the depth chart and Johnson graduated and is using his extra year of eligibility due to 'Rona to see what's out there.  I know that doesn't fit your MO, but some clarification reveals the truth.

Some are going to continue to hate Seth and Wren regardless. There are many reasons people leave. Situations change, people do not alway continue to see eye-to-eye. Hell, if you had a company with the amount of employee the football team has you would most likely see a much higher turnover than we are seeing. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

So we have had transfers land at Arky State, SMU, and UCLA... 3 programs that most would consider better than ours. Are we still living in the dream that these guys were shown the door for the greater good of the program?

I don't think anyone really said that because no one knows what has gone on behind closed doors.   We would all love to know but will never hear both sides of the story.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Nothing really about my MO... I'm just pointing it out. Is the program collapsing under its current leadership, or are players being levied one way or another due to the unusual circumstances in scholarship numbers. I hope it's the latter, we literally can't afford for it to be the former. 

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

I don't think anyone really said that because no one knows what has gone on behind closed doors.   We would all love to know but will never hear both sides of the story.

Some people that claim to be close to the program have answered this with a 'matter of fact' tone that these guys are being swayed to leave.  Their landing spots (with more to come) don't really suggest that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Sounds like the latter

Is this usually best practice? I think awhile back we had an Arizona or ASU receiver wanting to come here but we didn’t want to waste a scholarship on a one year player.

Edited by Cr1028

2 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Is this usually best practice? I think awhile back we had an Arizona or ASU receiver wanting to come here but we didn’t want to waste a scholarship on a one year player.

Yeah it is very common for grad transfers to be brought in for just one year. Teams usually don’t fill their recruiting classes with those guys but you see most teams bringing in grad transfers every year. We brought in 3 for the 2019 season.