WB on Tennessee AD watch list

El Paso Eagle

It might not mean anything, but I think Wren talks a very good talk.  The guy presents himself in a way that's about as professional and articulate as I have ever seen.

Again, might not mean a damn thing to TN. Just my 0.02.

32 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

He's made some ho-hum hires and the money making sport for College is in the toilet. I think we are ok. 

Curious what hires people think are ho-hum.  Some people don't even put the SL hire on him.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Ho hum hires?

I mean, the qb coach got dragged out of here in hand cuffs.

He grossly over paid and over contracted Kansas DC.

The OC from the season before this last year made it all of half a season before Seth took over play calling.

Not to mention, we have the highest paid coach in CUSA that can't seem to get even close to beating a real team. That highest paid title had only grown under Wren's watch.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 10

3 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Doesn’t Seth’s buyout drop if Wren leaves? I don’t remember if it is both for us to buy him out or another team to buy him out or just cheaper for another team to buy him out.

I think it is the other way around. That it goes up for us if the AD or President leave. And cheaper for another team for pluck him away. My memory is fuzzy so it could be just the latter. 

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I think it is the other way around. That it goes up for us if the AD or President leave. And cheaper for another team for pluck him away. My memory is fuzzy so it could be just the latter. 

I do remember the latter but the former may still be true. I remember thinking (at the time) how bad it would suck for a P5 to poach both as a package deal and we get less money.

10 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I mean, the qb coach got dragged out of here in hand cuffs.

He grossly over paid and over contracted Kansas DC.

The OC from the start before this last year made it all of half a season before Seth took over play calling.

Not to mention, we have the highest paid coach in CUSA that can't seem to get every close to beating a real team. That highest paid title had only grown under Wren's watch.

So we’re just talking football? What about the amazing hire in Grant McCasland, Rodney Delong, and other assistants that were poached by P5 in FB??

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
--edited out personal attack--
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 2