Jim Gush New LB coach

TheReal_jayD

I love this hire almost more than Bennett. Hopefully he can recruit like crazy because Linebacker will be the most needed position for this defense because they’re the anchor. We need more EJ’s and Brandon’s, and hopefully he can bring these guys in with Bennett as DC.

• Upvote 1

Was nice to hear him talk about the hiring process and what helped bring him out of retirement. We can say we have a commitment to winning, but to hear him talk about the university’s commitment to winning is great to hear. 

My only concern is the extent of his “list of things” he briefly dances around about 3 ½ mins in. One thing he mentions is that when he’s not in season, he wants to be at home. I hope this isn’t a 1 foot in, 1 foot out kind of situation. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Was nice to hear him talk about the hiring process and what helped bring him out of retirement. We can say we have a commitment to winning, but to hear him talk about the university’s commitment to winning is great to hear. 

My only concern is the extent of his “list of things” he briefly dances around about 3 ½ mins in. One thing he mentions is that when he’s not in season, he wants to be at home. I hope this isn’t a 1 foot in, 1 foot out kind of situation. 

If anything he will be able to now utilize things like zoom to keep him involved. He can still communicate and have meetings if he's not here. 

Also might be a case where not being here could mean being in Denton three or four days a week just not seven

Edited by El Paso Eagle

10 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Remember Skadany (?) didn’t have to go out and recruit and that worked out great! He will definitely make Seth a better head coach. Great hire! GMG 

• Upvote 3

Baylor was a cesspool and it was a stain on the school.  I wish that Bennett would have left this out of the interview, instead of trying to defend the undefendable. 

This was a Baylor oriented broadcast, so I am not concerned about more of the discussion being about Baylor than NT.  Plus he knows nothing about the NT players other than what Baker and Littrell told him.

I would guess that NT defensive players listening to this, are more than a little apprehensive. 

Look for a lot of turnover on that side of the ball.

Judging by this broadcast, the Bennett, Littrell combination is going to be something to watch.   They seem to be direct opposite personalities.

Bennett doesn't lack confidence to put it mildly.  I think he is exactly what NT needs at this time.  

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

@BillySee58@GrandGreen

Perhaps you guys could point me in the right direction but I can’t recall ever reading anything that the staff did anything other than let the legal process play out. Some folks wanted players kicked out of the program before the legal process played out but I don’t recall reading anything that football staff covered up assault. I d remember the title 9 folks messed up royally as well as some of the university administrators.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

@BillySee58@GrandGreen

Perhaps you guys could point me in the right direction but I can’t recall ever reading anything that the staff did anything other than let the legal process play out. Some folks wanted players kicked out of the program before the legal process played out but I don’t recall reading anything that football staff covered up assault. I d remember the title 9 folks messed up royally as well as some of the university administrators.

Actually, I erred on that post, I meant to state athletic department instead of football.  

The scandal as far as I know was limited to the basketball team and AD oversight of that team.  I just question why Bennett would have even hinted at any of this. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Actually, I erred on that post, I meant to state athletic department instead of football.  

The scandal as far as I know was limited to the basketball team and AD oversight of that team.  I just question why Bennett would have even hinted at any of this. 

You are thinking about the Baylor murder scandal.  The discussion here is regarding the Baylor sexual assault scandal.  

• Haha 1

I'm pumped, Seth and Wren made a hell of a hire again. Listening to the podcast with Bennett told me everything I needed to know.  Guy energy is still there, other P5 programs wanted him but we got him.  We are an attractive program for so many things.  If we could consistently win we could be a monster. Let's get some dudes in here on defense and kick ass next year

• Upvote 5