(Video) 24/7 Breakdown of Bennett hire

All About UNT

10 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I love Brune. But I have to disagree. Seth had to do the safe hire. Not in a position to roll dice with you an inexperienced guy. Yes you could find the defensive version of Graham Harrell.... but it’s about 85% more likely you end up with Bodie Reeder

Exactamundo and Bodie was let go from Utah St. this year thus confirming he wasn't ready for FBS

56 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

Exactamundo and Bodie was let go from Utah St. this year thus confirming he wasn't ready for FBS

Ready? Maybe he just isn’t a good coach.

The older I get the more I realize just because someone has that position doesn’t make them good at it.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I appreciate your views, but I think your way off on this one. 

A lot of your comments were relative to the NT players that Bennett will inherent.  Insinuating that a younger more energetic coach will be better equip to succeed. 

I think just the opposite is true.  

You listed all the successful DC jobs that Bennett has had, yet imply he will fail here.   I do not get that logic at all. 

You stated that Littrell made the save hire, when he should be looking for the next Graham Harold.  No, he should hire the most likely candidate to succeed, not some high risk coach. 

You may also want to note that Nick Saban is 66, Bill Snyder was a hc at 78 and Bear Bryant was coaching at 70.

Saban is 69

• Upvote 2

I think you guys are right. It is definitely a safe hire and not one where SL is swinging to the fences.  I also agree with the others who say we had to make this kind of hire.  

I think that just shows where we are at with this program under SL. We are in a very difficult, semi no-win situation that we have to make the most of where we are to get ourselves out of it.  I think it is safe to say that both are right on this and it just indicates we are in a pretty cruddy situation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

To win games we need to score one more point than our opponent.  Our offense, as a rule is not the problem.  With any improvement at all on the defensive side we win more games. With PB as DC I don't see how our defense cannot improve significantly.  I see us back on an upward trajectory, I believe Seth made a good hire.  How good remains to be seen.

GO MEAN GREEN
WIN GAMES!!!

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Travis said:

I think you guys are right. It is definitely a safe hire and not one where SL is swinging to the fences.  I also agree with the others who say we had to make this kind of hire.  

I think that just shows where we are at with this program under SL. We are in a very difficult, semi no-win situation that we have to make the most of where we are to get ourselves out of it.  I think it is safe to say that both are right on this and it just indicates we are in a pretty cruddy situation. 

I can remember (& was reminded the other day watching the Longhorns Network) how after 3 seasons (1965-1967)  Orange-bloods everywhere were wanting Darrell Royal fired. (DKR’s Texas Longhorns won a national championship in 1969).  

🦅❇️🦅GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen