Ladies lost to UTEP

GrandGreen

The women lost to UTEP 52-62 and looked very bad doing it. 

Again, this two games in two days is horrible.

This game had some of the worst officiating I have ever seen.   Not necessarily bias, but just bad.   Most fouls were called as turnovers against the person who was fouled.  Hard to stay stationary when you are pushed or hacked.   I wonder were they got this crew?

Noble was held to single digit scoring and Callegos of UTEP was the much better player in this game. 

Boyd kept NT from disaster, with 19 points. 

Hate NT to lose to a mediocre team because of this insane format of scheduling. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

If every team is facing the same, horrible circumstance, then at least it's mostly equal?

I don't think it is equal at all.  It gives the inferior team a significantly better change to win. 

Stats thus far, seem to support this view.  

I don't think UTEP WBB beats NT in Denton this year without this format. 

It is equal in that every team has to play this format, but I think it gives an edge to the poorer team.  

The old formula for having a good conference season was to win at home and split on the road.

The new formula is to win the Friday games and split the Saturday games. 

• Upvote 1

I am going to get downvoted for this, but I honestly think this loss probably helps them. I felt like they thought they could half a$$ it and win games because they only have two losses on the year. They were making terrible passes with the ball. They just didn't take care of the basketball. They were being killed on the boards because they didn't seem to hustle. Maybe they will realize that they have to play all 40 minutes against all teams regardless of that teams record.

• Upvote 3