Acceptable D Improvement in 2021

El Paso Eagle

C-USA is currently the worst FBS conference, so he should be able to field a respectable defense next season.

If Bennett can build us a defense that allows less than 24 points a game in conference play, we should be a contender for the western division. I don't think a 24 PPG defense is too much to ask. If C-USA was a better conference, 28 PPG would be acceptable to me.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Not so concerned about a statistic. Let me see players aligned and assigned. Then let me see good tackling. But most importantly, let me see 11 soul eating, dream crushing aggressive mindsets. 

Speed and tackling should be their main priorities because last year they looked like Denton High in the secondary.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Udomann said:

Year 1 goal: win CUSA championship
Year 2 goal: actually win a bowl, or let Seth walk

A bowl win is an objective, but there will be over thirty schools that do that.

I think we overpraise Mc because of the bowl win over probably the weakest team in UNLV that got an invitation that year. 

Have a great regular season, and then worry about a bowl bid.  

Contemplating firing a coach that has won at least one USA championship in the last two years would be very extreme. 

8 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

A bowl win is an objective, but there will be over thirty schools that do that.

I think we overpraise Mc because of the bowl win over probably the weakest team in UNLV that got an invitation that year. 

Have a great regular season, and then worry about a bowl bid.  

Contemplating firing a coach that has won at least one USA championship in the last two years would be very extreme. 

Good point.  There will definitely be less than thirty teams that have a great regular season in the worst conference in FBS football.  😉

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

I would almost agree with that if the conference win was something to brag about. We are such a bad conference, and with the cash we are putting out, the recruits, and the facilities, consistent Conf wins should be bottom line for remaining employed.

2 hours ago, Udomann said:

I would almost agree with that if the conference win was something to brag about. We are such a bad conference, and with the cash we are putting out, the recruits, and the facilities, consistent Conf wins should be bottom line for remaining employed.

Consistent conference wins is far from winning a 14 team conference every year.