Tre Siggers transferring to SMU

WanderingEagle

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

You’re right. That is why it is always your highest attended game. 

That's not even close to true. You did draw better than Tulane when you played us in Dallas two years ago. And a couple hundred better than Ark State.

It's always nice to have guest fans at the game though.

Edited by DentonStang
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

We don’t care.  May he get the worst case of hot hole diarrhea ever the night before our game against them next year.

What kind of fan wishes hate on a former UNT player? He is choosing to better his options. You would have too. I bet you eye roll half the post here because it doesn't fit your old denton narrative...

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 8

1 minute ago, Udomann said:

What kind of fan wishes hate on a former UNT player? He is choosing to better his options. You would have too. I bet you eye roll half the post here because it doesn't fit your old denton narrative...

It’s not an old Denton narrative. Is that all you have to fall back on when someone makes a statement you disagree with?  How in the world is he bettering his options?

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

It’s not an old Denton narrative. Is that all you have to fall back on when someone makes a statement you disagree with?  How in the world is he bettering his options?

How is staying a better choice? Straw man there. You can't turn an argument without giving a defense??

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, DentonStang said:

Funny, SMU doesn't consider it a rivalry or something generating hate, and I guess your players don't either. 

Hmm didn't yall fire June Jones after we waxed the field with yall, on a bad year for us. Seemed like yall took losing to a nonrival hard then 

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Hmm didn't yall fire June Jones after we waxed the field with yall, on a bae year for us. Seemed like yall took losing to a nonrival hard then 

Now, now, June wanted to commit more time to his inner-city ministry. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Hmm didn't yall fire June Jones after we waxed the field with yall, on a bae year for us. Seemed like yall took losing to a nonrival hard then 

Yes, those were dark times.  He capped off dismal recruiting with losing to a team that we have no business ever losing to, and was on a total down trajectory for a long time.

Losing to a rival like Houston is hard, but expected to happen because they are a peer. Losing to UNT should never happen, not because you are UNT and special, but because your level of conference, record, recruiting, and commitment to winning football is not where we want to be. He would have, and should have been fired for losing to, say, LaTech or UTEP if they were scheduled instead of you.  The writing was already on the wall, they just needed the excuse. 

Edited by DentonStang
Clarity
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Yes, those were dark times.  He capped off dismal recruiting with losing to a team that we have no business ever losing to, and was on a total down trajectory for a long time.

Losing to a rival like Houston is hard, but expected to happen because they are a peer. Losing to UNT should never happen, not because you are UNT and special, but because your level of conference, record, recruiting, and commitment to winning football is not where we want to be. He would have, and should have been fired for losing to LaTech or UTEP.  The writing was already on the wall, they just needed the excuse. 

Good ole SMU, the most penalized program in NCAA D1.  

Also a team that must count the pigeons to come close to their  announced attendance numbers. 

Unfortunately, the most important by far factor in recruiting is conference affiliation. 

SMU has always had that advantage over NT.  

At a slow snail pace, NT is at least going upward in the NCAA hierarchy.   SMU has been going the opposite direction.

1 hour ago, DentonStang said:

Losing to a rival like Houston is hard, but expected to happen because they are a peer. Losing to UNT should never happen, not because you are UNT and special, but because your level of conference, record, recruiting, and commitment to winning football is not where we want to be. He would have, and should have been fired for losing to, say, LaTech or UTEP if they were scheduled instead of you.  The writing was already on the wall, they just needed the excuse. 

you act all high and mighty like your conference, recruting and status in the college football world is so much better then ours. Its not. you are part of the G5 just like the rest of us. We can and do battle for the same level of recruits. This is why people hate SMU. The "we are more holier then thou" attitude you all carry is beyond ridiculous. 

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

16 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Funny, SMU doesn't consider it a rivalry or something generating hate, and I guess your players don't either. 

Better tell your fellow Stangs on this video that this is not a rivalry.🙄

❇️ Oh well...not one Mustang first down in the first half of this non-rivalry game as I recall.  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 4

I think SMU brings less fans to Apogee than any other team we play.   I know they have to risk their lives to drive into Denton, TX but it is their team to support.  We need attendance more than ever with the bad TV deal the Judy has brought us.    I know SMU brings out more UNT fans but SMU does not help our numbers with their fans like we help their numbers.  

BTW are going back to body bag games or did we think we were just getting better when we scheduled those games?  

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Lol so smug and delusional 🤣.  You're in the G5 just like us. And you're not even the top of your own conference.  Luckily you have UCF and Memphis to keep you relevant.

• Upvote 2

I don't know how their other RB's did last year, but I'll never forget this guys performance against us.

https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/players/playerpage/3125140/ulysses-bentley-iv

Does Mr. Siggers think he can replace Mr. Bentley in the RB rotation?

Also. Not that he has to, but he kind of owes NT a little gratitude for moving (or giving him the chance to move) him from his "recruited" position of safety to RB........where he is obviously much more valuable to a team.

• Lovely Take 1

15 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Could be because he was buried behind Torrey and Adaway on the depth chart. But, I don't expect him to see more carries at SMU either.

This is the deal.   Unless we get hit with a ton of injuries at the position, he wasn't due to get a ton of playing time.  Good chance he finds the same situation at SMU. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

This is the deal.   Unless we get hit with a ton of injuries at the position, he wasn't due to get a ton of playing time.  Good chance he finds the same situation at SMU. 

Siggers was the best rb on NT's team.   I don't know why some want to sugar-coat this player loss.  Adaway may develop into a better runner and has more size and speed. 

Luckedly, NT is deep at rb.  

If Siggers stayed and was injury-free, he would have got plenty of carries at NT.   

SMU wouldn't bother with him, if they fell he wouldn't help their team.   

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Siggers was the best rb on NT's team.   I don't know why some want to sugar-coat this player loss.  Adaway may develop into a better runner and has more size and speed. 

Luckedly, NT is deep at rb.  

If Siggers stayed and was injury-free, he would have got plenty of carries at NT.   

SMU wouldn't bother with him, if they fell he wouldn't help their team.   

Siggers was the best?  I think you're by yourself on that island. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1