Tre Siggers transferring to SMU

WanderingEagle

7 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

We really should be more mature about this.   It’s not SMU’s fault that we pay our coaching staff millions and they can’t compete with SMU’s roster that makes the same millions.  

It's odd to me nobody is asking what we are doing to get ahead. It's easy, you could copy it. Just load up on transfers. Build a pipeline to scoop the top talent of local lower tier schools and mix in a some transfers from Big12 or SEC schools looking to move back to DFW.  Why aren't you doing it?  Is your staff just bad at selling it have you not found a way to make UNT a desirable destination?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

2 hours ago, DentonStang said:

I just don't get that mentality. You can't consider ALL other DI FBS schools a rival. We have to work together. Save the hate for your 2 or 3 real traditional rivals, and we can work together against the P5 types. 

The only thing I will willingly work with smuT on is burying their program, their smug, cheating alumni and their dead hookers.

• Upvote 3

First, Siggers is now a traitor and I don't wish him any luck on the field at SMU. He was down to our third string, so hopefully he doesn't amount to much for the Mustangs. BUT... I do hope the young man earns his degree and has a successful life after football.

Second... If Littrell didn't have our program in a dumpster fire after five years in charge, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Lets just hope Bennett can find some quality defensive players and build this thing well enough to begin turning it around next season.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:

Keep in mind that his high school coaches son Ra'Shaad Samples is the recruiting coordinator and RB coach at SMU.  Was probably the easiest decision ever to stay close to home and play for someone I would imagine he knows well.

We don’t care.  May he get the worst case of hot hole diarrhea ever the night before our game against them next year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, WanderingEagle said:

Why on earth would we feel good about one of our players transferring to the school across the metroplex that none of us want to see succeed?

Because the person is what matters. Siggers deserves to succeed and I don't know any of you who could guarantee that here. It's a smart choice, not an emotional one.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 6