Tre Siggers transferring to SMU

WanderingEagle

1 minute ago, GrandGreen said:

Yes, I am sure SMU had no contact with him before he went to the portal. 

I don't wish Stiggers luck with this decision. 

The transfer portal system and the one-time no sitout rules might be based on good intentions but they will end up kicking most G5 programs in the nuts. And if anyone believes there was no communications before this they are wrong. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, DentonStang said:

You have to feel good for a local kid coming home and moving up.  Not like he's going somewhere in conference. 

I'm sure you're bringing in your own transfers too

Why on earth would we feel good about one of our players transferring to the school across the metroplex that none of us want to see succeed?

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, WanderingEagle said:

Why on earth would we feel good about one of our players transferring to the school across the metroplex that none of us want to see succeed?

I know we've played against each other a lot lately but what's with the animosity?  I look to all AAC or G4 schools to succeed unless they are rivals like Houston or Memphis or similar.  We don't compete in conference, or generally for the same recruit level, or even the same student demographic. We should support each other. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 14

1 minute ago, DentonStang said:

I know we've played against each other a lot lately but what's with the animosity?  I look to all AAC or G4 schools to succeed unless they are rivals like Houston or Memphis or similar.  We don't compete in conference, or generally for the same recruit level, or even the same student demographic. We should support each other. 

SMU is a smaller school sharing recruiting space with us. If they can succeed at football, we can too, so it’s frustrating when our rivals are thriving and we aren’t. It’s shameful to lose a player to a rival and have the player call the other team home. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

You have to feel good for a local kid coming home and moving up.  Not like he's going somewhere in conference. 

I'm sure you're bringing in your own transfers too

Just wondering. I know they are using Dallas now to try to distance from many of the negatives associated with SMU. So if Duncanville is now "home" will we see a weekly change of uniforms that have Dallas, Duncanville,Arlington, Mesquite ........ 

• Haha 1
  • Ray 1

Don’t feed the troll.  

If you take your fandom off, Tre’s choice is understandable and the truth is he’s not getting the carries here so we’re the ones with the positive leverage here.  

That said, it stings a bit.  Pony’s bought success won’t last forever and if we get our S together we’ll be back to making them remember they’re not in any other universe than ours. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Hahahahaha this guy is one of those "P6" guys... if you're a power conference then why does going undefeated still not get you in the playoffs. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Just wondering. I know they are using Dallas now to try to distance from many of the negatives associated with SMU. So if Duncanville is now "home" will we see a weekly change of uniforms that have Dallas, Duncanville,Arlington, Mesquite ........ 

Apparently you have not seen our billboards, sir. 

Demerick_Gary.jpg

• Haha 4
  • Downvote 5

15 minutes ago, WanderingEagle said:

SMU is a smaller school sharing recruiting space with us. If they can succeed at football, we can too, so it’s frustrating when our rivals are thriving and we aren’t. It’s shameful to lose a player to a rival and have the player call the other team home. 

I just don't get that mentality. You can't consider ALL other DI FBS schools a rival. We have to work together. Save the hate for your 2 or 3 real traditional rivals, and we can work together against the P5 types. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4