Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

We've got to keep our composure (DC TIDBIT @ THE BOTTOM)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't believe the sky is falling. Yes we have a lot of people leaving. But lets think about this for a second. Everyone is getting and extra year. There is going to be a back log on the roster. Some

Nobody understands the importance of this hire more than Seth. He is living it 24/7! To say he doesn’t care,  isn’t trying hard enough or wants to be P5 OC is just stupid. It isn’t about the informati

Nice. One last question... Not Kansas type BIG12 experience, right?

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

will ferrell locker room GIF by Ben L

 

I don't believe the sky is falling. Yes we have a lot of people leaving. But lets think about this for a second. Everyone is getting and extra year. There is going to be a back log on the roster. Some players have to leave to make room to being in more guys. Most guys that have left already had there degree.. but lets think about who has transferred so far..

 

Transfer so far

Siggers RB - I love Siggers.. but lets be real. He was atleast 3rd on the depth chart. You have the young studs coming up Johnson, Ragsdale and the STUD Adaway. Also hearing Torrey is coming back. So he was looking at 4th on Depth

Greg White and Kealon Jackson WR - This is obvious could be our deepest position. The guys saw the writing on the wall.

Brian Parish T- He sat out this season and got passed. Also bringing in a transfer from OSU that is a beast while returning everyone of the best O-line we have had since 2013

Chris Thornton - Backup

Bryce English- Forgot he was on the team

Cam Johnson- We have brought in two transfer higher ranked then him. He saw the writing on the wall.

Sanders- Gaddie and Morris already on the roster. Figure we will bring in at least one transfer.

 

So long story short we are good. Also you don't see any moment on our side is because we are waiting on the DC hire to become official. And I like the idea. Let the chef do the grocery shopping. No excuses then. There is also alot of transfer rule we aren't aware of as fans. Some teams could be in some very big trouble come this fall in terms of transfer.

 

SIDE NOTE the guy we had at Apogee today interviewing was a very big fish in my opinion. I have been hard on Seth this last month. But I will give him credit he is going all out on DC hire. He wants to win.. and he wants to win at North Texas. Exciting next few months ahead.

 

dont tell me to calm down GIF by Diet Cig

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

will ferrell locker room GIF by Ben L

 

I don't believe the sky is falling. Yes we have a lot of people leaving. But lets think about this for a second. Everyone is getting and extra year. There is going to be a back log on the roster. Some players have to leave to make room to being in more guys. Most guys that have left already had there degree.. but lets think about who has transferred so far..

 

Transfer so far

Siggers RB - I love Siggers.. but lets be real. He was atleast 3rd on the depth chart. You have the young studs coming up Johnson, Ragsdale and the STUD Adaway. Also hearing Torrey is coming back. So he was looking at 4th on Depth

Greg White and Kealon Jackson WR - This is obvious could be our deepest position. The guys saw the writing on the wall.

Brian Parish T- He sat out this season and got passed. Also bringing in a transfer from OSU that is a beast while returning everyone of the best O-line we have had since 2013

Chris Thornton - Backup

Bryce English- Forgot he was on the team

Cam Johnson- We have brought in two transfer higher ranked then him. He saw the writing on the wall.

Sanders- Gaddie and Morris already on the roster. Figure we will bring in at least one transfer.

 

So long story short we are good. Also you don't see any moment on our side is because we are waiting on the DC hire to become official. And I like the idea. Let the chef do the grocery shopping. No excuses then. There is also alot of transfer rule we aren't aware of as fans. Some teams could be in some very big trouble come this fall in terms of transfer.

 

SIDE NOTE the guy we had at Apogee today interviewing was a very big fish in my opinion. I have been hard on Seth this last month. But I will give him credit he is going all out on DC hire. He wants to win.. and he wants to win at North Texas. Exciting next few months ahead.

 

Everyone on this board knows you always have solid information from the inside. But, we could use some hints as to who was interviewing today.... Previous DC experience. Texas ties. Head coaching experience....

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

SIDE NOTE the guy we had at Apogee today interviewing was a very big fish in my opinion. I have been hard on Seth this last month. But I will give him credit he is going all out on DC hire. He wants to win.. and he wants to win at North Texas. Exciting next few months ahead.

 

image.png.217a1acb0e9604d58a8ca434e2553610.png

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with everything except Siggers. The only RB we can legitimately make an argument is better is Adaway. Siggers looked like the Siggers of old at the end of the season and that’s a legit all-CUSA caliber guy. 

We can’t judge the situation on the current roster. What do we look like come August? That’s what matters.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

 

 

SIDE NOTE the guy we had at Apogee today interviewing was a very big fish in my opinion. I have been hard on Seth this last month. But I will give him credit he is going all out on DC hire. He wants to win.. and he wants to win at North Texas. Exciting next few months ahead.

 

Can you share if he is currently working somewhere? 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Can you share if he is currently working somewhere? 

If you love what you're analyzing, can you honestly call it "work"? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Never been to Kansas.. other then to beat some Wildcat and Jayhawk A$$

Please tell me it isn't Ruffin Mcneill. Being a DC at Texas Tech shouldn't count on a resume. Leave Ruff at NC State.

Now, Mike Stoops would be a good hire if he wants out of his Bama situation.

Mark Snyder still needs a job too. I'd be good with him.

Am I in the ballpark?

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Please tell me it isn't Ruffin Mcneill. Being a DC at Texas Tech shouldn't count on a resume. Leave Ruff at NC State.

Now, Mike Stoops would be a good hire if he wants out of his Bama situation.

Mark Snyder still needs a job too. I'd be good with him.

Am I in the ballpark?

Mark Snyder fits the bill.. Stoops was at OU which could constitute as Texas ties... I think Snyder would make sense. He's been bouncing around the Florida State organization, maybe would want to be back in a stable place. Just Not sure if his 2015 A&M stint counts for strong 'texas ties'.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, denton_days said:

Mark Snyder fits the bill.. Stoops was at OU which could constitute as Texas ties... I think Snyder would make sense. He's been bouncing around the Florida State organization, maybe would want to be back in a stable place. Just Not sure if his 2015 A&M stint counts for strong 'texas ties'.

He was at A&M from 2012-2014, hired by Sumlin.

Edited by xyresic
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.