We've got to keep our composure (DC TIDBIT @ THE BOTTOM)

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I hope you are right.

I think Ruff will fail if he is the hire. Looking to the Texas Tech coaching tree for offensive coaches is great, but not for defensive coaches. I will be extremely disappointed if Ruff is hired. In two seasons as Texas Tech's DC Ruff gave up an average of 25.15 points per game. He is not the right guy for us.

25 points per game? Shhiiii... we’d go undefeated with that level of production lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

SIDE NOTE the guy we had at Apogee today interviewing was a very big fish in my opinion. I have been hard on Seth this last month. But I will give him credit he is going all out on DC hire. He wants to win.. and he wants to win at North Texas. Exciting next few months ahead.

Earlier this week your posts said 1) we had two guys in line, and 2) the first guy walked away.

Is this coach the number two guy on SL's original list, or is he a late addition to the mix?

This is taking way too long..imo. Even UTEP is filling their vacancies along with South Alabama...Ark State...and everybody else!_

Are we getting the left overs....lol??? Course no one wants to comment from the AD office....wait....we're interviewing high profile coaches that can't be named.

This while the Transfer Portal is getting it's fair share of NT football players who supposedly thru rumor are told they don't fit into future plans??? 

I love being a bottom feeder...at least it's entertaining watch.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

On 1/16/2021 at 2:13 PM, RBP79 said:

This is taking way too long..imo. Even UTEP is filling their vacancies along with South Alabama...Ark State...and everybody else!_

Are we getting the left overs....lol??? Course no one wants to comment from the AD office....wait....we're interviewing high profile coaches that can't be named.

This while the Transfer Portal is getting it's fair share of NT football players who supposedly thru rumor are told they don't fit into future plans??? 

I love being a bottom feeder...at least it's entertaining watch.

As noted, UTEP's hires aren't making waves anywhere, neither is So Bama or Arkie St.

Leftovers?  No, it is my understanding that our first choice is employed by another D1 University.  You do not advertise those interviews for a number of reasons which are pretty obvious.

The "portal" will have plenty of players in it should we choose to go that route.  Stop worrying about the damn transfer portal.

We are not a bottom feeder.  Believing that is truly "Old Denton" thinking.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • RV 1