We've got to keep our composure (DC TIDBIT @ THE BOTTOM)

TheReal_jayD

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

will ferrell locker room GIF by Ben L

I don't believe the sky is falling. Yes we have a lot of people leaving. But lets think about this for a second. Everyone is getting and extra year. There is going to be a back log on the roster. Some players have to leave to make room to being in more guys. Most guys that have left already had there degree.. but lets think about who has transferred so far..

Transfer so far

Siggers RB - I love Siggers.. but lets be real. He was atleast 3rd on the depth chart. You have the young studs coming up Johnson, Ragsdale and the STUD Adaway. Also hearing Torrey is coming back. So he was looking at 4th on Depth

Greg White and Kealon Jackson WR - This is obvious could be our deepest position. The guys saw the writing on the wall.

Brian Parish T- He sat out this season and got passed. Also bringing in a transfer from OSU that is a beast while returning everyone of the best O-line we have had since 2013

Chris Thornton - Backup

Bryce English- Forgot he was on the team

Cam Johnson- We have brought in two transfer higher ranked then him. He saw the writing on the wall.

Sanders- Gaddie and Morris already on the roster. Figure we will bring in at least one transfer.

So long story short we are good. Also you don't see any moment on our side is because we are waiting on the DC hire to become official. And I like the idea. Let the chef do the grocery shopping. No excuses then. There is also alot of transfer rule we aren't aware of as fans. Some teams could be in some very big trouble come this fall in terms of transfer.

SIDE NOTE the guy we had at Apogee today interviewing was a very big fish in my opinion. I have been hard on Seth this last month. But I will give him credit he is going all out on DC hire. He wants to win.. and he wants to win at North Texas. Exciting next few months ahead.

dont tell me to calm down GIF by Diet Cig

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

will ferrell locker room GIF by Ben L

I don't believe the sky is falling. Yes we have a lot of people leaving. But lets think about this for a second. Everyone is getting and extra year. There is going to be a back log on the roster. Some players have to leave to make room to being in more guys. Most guys that have left already had there degree.. but lets think about who has transferred so far..

Transfer so far

Siggers RB - I love Siggers.. but lets be real. He was atleast 3rd on the depth chart. You have the young studs coming up Johnson, Ragsdale and the STUD Adaway. Also hearing Torrey is coming back. So he was looking at 4th on Depth

Greg White and Kealon Jackson WR - This is obvious could be our deepest position. The guys saw the writing on the wall.

Brian Parish T- He sat out this season and got passed. Also bringing in a transfer from OSU that is a beast while returning everyone of the best O-line we have had since 2013

Chris Thornton - Backup

Bryce English- Forgot he was on the team

Cam Johnson- We have brought in two transfer higher ranked then him. He saw the writing on the wall.

Sanders- Gaddie and Morris already on the roster. Figure we will bring in at least one transfer.

So long story short we are good. Also you don't see any moment on our side is because we are waiting on the DC hire to become official. And I like the idea. Let the chef do the grocery shopping. No excuses then. There is also alot of transfer rule we aren't aware of as fans. Some teams could be in some very big trouble come this fall in terms of transfer.

SIDE NOTE the guy we had at Apogee today interviewing was a very big fish in my opinion. I have been hard on Seth this last month. But I will give him credit he is going all out on DC hire. He wants to win.. and he wants to win at North Texas. Exciting next few months ahead.

Everyone on this board knows you always have solid information from the inside. But, we could use some hints as to who was interviewing today.... Previous DC experience. Texas ties. Head coaching experience....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

image.png.217a1acb0e9604d58a8ca434e2553610.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Agree with everything except Siggers. The only RB we can legitimately make an argument is better is Adaway. Siggers looked like the Siggers of old at the end of the season and that’s a legit all-CUSA caliber guy. 

We can’t judge the situation on the current roster. What do we look like come August? That’s what matters.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Can you share if he is currently working somewhere? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Never been to Kansas.. other then to beat some Wildcat and Jayhawk A$$

Please tell me it isn't Ruffin Mcneill. Being a DC at Texas Tech shouldn't count on a resume. Leave Ruff at NC State.

Now, Mike Stoops would be a good hire if he wants out of his Bama situation.

Mark Snyder still needs a job too. I'd be good with him.

Am I in the ballpark?

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Please tell me it isn't Ruffin Mcneill. Being a DC at Texas Tech shouldn't count on a resume. Leave Ruff at NC State.

Now, Mike Stoops would be a good hire if he wants out of his Bama situation.

Mark Snyder still needs a job too. I'd be good with him.

Am I in the ballpark?

Mark Snyder fits the bill.. Stoops was at OU which could constitute as Texas ties... I think Snyder would make sense. He's been bouncing around the Florida State organization, maybe would want to be back in a stable place. Just Not sure if his 2015 A&M stint counts for strong 'texas ties'.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, denton_days said:

Mark Snyder fits the bill.. Stoops was at OU which could constitute as Texas ties... I think Snyder would make sense. He's been bouncing around the Florida State organization, maybe would want to be back in a stable place. Just Not sure if his 2015 A&M stint counts for strong 'texas ties'.

He was at A&M from 2012-2014, hired by Sumlin.

Edited by xyresic
  • Lovely Take 1