Kealon Jackson Enters the Portal

MGNation92

Normally we would lose our senior class, but they were all provided an extra year. I love all of our players, but out of that class, I really wanted to see Novil, Torrey and Johnson return.  To date, we have only lost Johnson, but I like the talent we have in the defensive backfield and really want to see them develop under a new coach.  Gibbs was a surprise to me, but when he got injured it appeared he got passed on the depth chart.  Our depth is taking a shot, but I like what we have coming in.  We really need a strong DC along with DL and DB coaches to develop these young men.

23 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

How is this a circus? We expected with the extra eligibility that there would be high turnover this year compared to most years. I am sure with the semester starting they talked to players and laid out their plans. I believe they will do everything to stay within the 85 scholarship limit

I am OK with the Seniors getting another year and the ability to transfer without penalty.     It's the underclassmen that I have a problem with.

No disrespect.   But, you just said this in the Siggers thread:

El Paso Eagle Said:

"The transfer portal system and the one-time no sitout rules might be based on good intentions but they will end up kicking most G5 programs in the nuts. And if anyone believes there was no communications before this they are wrong."

So, we are in agreement.  It's a circus and the G5's will suffer for it.

8 minutes ago, akriesman said:

I am OK with the Seniors getting another year and the ability to transfer without penalty.     It's the underclassmen that I have a problem with.

No disrespect.   But, you just said this in the Siggers thread:

El Paso Eagle Said:

"The transfer portal system and the one-time no sitout rules might be based on good intentions but they will end up kicking most G5 programs in the nuts. And if anyone believes there was no communications before this they are wrong."

So, we are in agreement.  It's a circus and the G5's will suffer for it.

My thought has always been that when they do enact the one-time transfer without sitting out it should be after the 2nd year of eligibility. Have a player complete two years in a system if they want to transfer out without sitting. There was just a case where a late qualifier who ended up going to Charlotte left after one year and transferred to Arkansas. I don't want to see G5 schools used like JUCO's. I have no issue with the Grad transfers sitting out.

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Passed on the depth chart by who? We played a WR at CB and Crosby was backup at three positions. 

He played quite a bit prior to the injury. and never really saw the field.  I believe he was listed on the two-deep prior to the season opener.