Can Two Things Be True At Once?

Pseudo Nym

Yes or No: Two Things Can Be True At Once  

72 members have voted

1. 1. You can criticize and be critical of UNT Football (staff, hires, play calls, marketing, etc.) and still whole-heartedly support the team and want UNT Football to succeed?

• Yes, you can be critical and a die hard fan at the same time.
    • No, you're either all in or all out.
    • Other (Post another option/thought)

Just wanted to gauge the audience's opinion with this poll.  Yesterday saw a lot of action on the boards with a few "negative" comments, responses, etc and I'm curious to see how everyone views the proposition of where the line falls between being critical vs. supportive.

In my opinion, one can be extremely harsh/critical, even "negative", and still show up with full force support on game days and hope for a positive outcome.  To me, being critical or even "negative" doesn't necessarily equate to being unsupportive or against a certain proposition.  More importantly, what are your thoughts/position on this?

In person and on TV/phone/laptop I have expressed my frustration at a certain defense and certain running plays. But I also cheer just as loud.... Its a helluva roller coaster!

At the end of the day I will still bleed green!

• Upvote 2

On the surface, this is an easy choice as shown by the poll results.   But, there is fair criticism and unfair criticism.  Some people have very unrealistic expectations and need instant gratification.     I sometimes question their fandom.

I am not necessarily singling out anyone at GMG.   You see this behavior on every sports forum.   

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, akriesman said:

On the surface, this is an easy choice as shown by the poll results.   But, there is fair criticism and unfair criticism.  Some people have very unrealistic expectations and need instant gratification. 

That's an interesting take that I hadn't really thought of, and that's probably where things get blurry as it's open to interpretation of what is and what isn't fair criticism.

4 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

All diehard fans criticize more than others. They want what’s best for their team, and that’s what I want. 

I agree - I was (amongst the many) calling for Jason Garrett to be fired years before he was, still cheered every game day, wanted the Cowboys to do well and believe(d) we can win every game and the Super Bowl every year (I'm a hopeless romantic in that way haha!).