Tre Siggers enters the portal

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Curious which part, the thinking he had already been in conversation with SMU. or that schools recruit players at other schools? 

I just find this to be unnecessarily huge leap.

Could SMU have been talking to him? Absolutely.  We have zero evidence, though, right? To make that assumption - and to feel such conviction about it - seems to be a mindset that seeks drama.  I'm not interested in that.  You do you, though.  Maybe you're right.

• Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Probably transferring because he was buried in the depth chart, even behind true freshmen. 

What is this based on. What true freshmen would he be behind? What have any of our true freshmen backs done that would cause the coaches to put them ahead of a back who just ran for 120 in our last game?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

What is this based on. What true freshmen would he be behind? What have any of our true freshmen backs done that would cause the coaches to put them ahead of a back who just ran for 120 in our last game?

Yeh, I seriously doubt that too. If anything, house Seth tends to play seniority over anything else.. Siggers would not be buried. Also he is a baller. He puts up numbers.

• Upvote 1

Man, Tre's absence this year has some of y'all thinking he was moving down the depth chart.

Did you forget his injuries? He was working through his recovery and looked really good in his limited carries.  I had speculated that Seth was working him back slowly.  Tre's totals were modest, but his efficiency was incredible.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I just find this to be unnecessarily huge leap.

Could SMU have been talking to him? Absolutely.  We have zero evidence, though, right? To make that assumption - and to feel such conviction about it - seems to be a mindset that seeks drama.  I'm not interested in that.  You do you, though.  Maybe you're right.

At my last job an intern in accounting was dating a UTEP BB player. When Terry came in he started getting rid of players. Asked her if he was worried (he was a sometime starter) and she said no, he had already been called by a couple of schools - this was a week before he entered the transfer portal. A friend of by nieces was on scholarship at an FBS school. He was going to leave. Before he was in the portal he was already registered at his new school with an "agreement" to be put on scholarship. So drama, no, but also not going to act so naive to act like it doesn't happen. As I said, if this had taken a few day, no problem. But to hit the portal one day and be there the next day is questionable at the least.  

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

At my last job an intern in accounting was dating a UTEP BB player. When Terry came in he started getting rid of players. Asked her if he was worried (he was a sometime starter) and she said no, he had already been called by a couple of schools - this was a week before he entered the transfer portal. A friend of by nieces was on scholarship at an FBS school. He was going to leave. Before he was in the portal he was already registered at his new school with an "agreement" to be put on scholarship. So drama, no, but also not going to act so naive to act like it doesn't happen. As I said, if this had taken a few day, no problem. But to hit the portal one day and be there the next day is questionable at the least.  

Siggers is from Duncanville. The Duncanville's coach's son is on staff at SMU and there is a pipeline there. I'm sure he knew if he wasn't to go to SMU before he ever got the call. No need to think about it.

• Downvote 4

9 hours ago, DentonStang said:

Siggers is from Duncanville. The Duncanville's coach's son is on staff at SMU and there is a pipeline there. I'm sure he knew if he wasn't to go to SMU before he ever got the call. No need to think about it.

So smuT was tampering?  More illegal recruiting at Summer’s Eve U?

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2