Tre Siggers enters the portal

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenZen said:

Siggers was fun to watch. But was he ever really the same after that knee injury? IMO, he went from dominant to just OK. 

Yes. He had 343 yards and averaged 7 yards a carry in his last 4 games he played. Looked like he just needed time to get back. Also looked like our coaches were sort of semi-redshirting him at times, saving him for next year and ensuring he wouldn’t go into the offseason injured again. He looked great towards the end. Sucks to lose that.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

After looking around, can a player back out of transferring and with hat in hands, come back to his original team ?

That is up to the school. Once they "enter" the transfer portal the school is under no obligation. They can, and in a few cases do bring back players. It probably has a lot to do with how the player approached them and the tone of the conversations. 

This is a prime example where you cannot tell me recruiting does not go on with players on scholarship at a school. Find it hard to  believe he hit the portal yesterday (when other schools can officially contact him) and today he has committed.

As it is SMU, I do not wish him well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

This is a prime example where you cannot tell me recruiting does not go on with players on scholarship at a school. Find it hard to  believe he hit the portal yesterday (when other schools can officially contact him) and today he has committed.

PS - Up yours Siggers for putting a picture of your in you UNT uniform on the tweet. You understand the feelings between the schools. Cheap shot. Screw you! 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I find it easy to believe that the transfer has been on his mind, knew he wanted to go to SMU, and entering the portal was just a formality.

3 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

PS - Up yours Siggers for putting a picture of your in you UNT uniform on the tweet. You understand the feelings between the schools. Cheap shot. Screw you! 

He was going to use a football photo.  What do you expect, for him to reach back to his Duncanville collection?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, greenminer said:

I find it easy to believe that the transfer has been on his mind, knew he wanted to go to SMU, and entering the portal was just a formality.

He was going to use a football photo.  What do you expect, for him to reach back to his Duncanville collection?

They could photoshop him into an SMU uni... but they left him in a NT uni on purpose I have no doubt

• Upvote 1

Hey y'all, what a surprise to get another transfer this morning. Hopefully y'all are loading up on transfers too.  

What can you tell me about Siggers?  Strengths/weaknesses?  Why is he transferring?  Coach beef or just wanting to come back to the local hometown school?

Edited by DentonStang
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 4

3 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Hey y'all, what a surprise to get another transfer this morning. Hopefully y'all are loading up on transfers too.  

What can you tell me about Siggers?  Strengths/weaknesses?  Why is he transferring?  Coach beef or just wanting to come back to the local hometown school?

lmao. University park and Duncanville are two very different places. "Hometown" is a bit of a stretch

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

"I'm coming home." Unbelievable 

Since the portal was established, the thought of SMU poaching our talent has given me nightmares. This is a big domino to fall and the message it broadcasts is not a good one for us. We're at risk of losing our top talent to our rival and becoming a feeder school for SMU. 

2 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

What can you tell me about Siggers?  Strengths/weaknesses?  Why is he transferring?

Bowling ball, hard runner. Tore his ACL a couple of seasons ago and hasn't been the same since then. Seems to run scared. Probably transferring because he was buried in the depth chart, even behind true freshmen. 

• Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

He's has been productive with some injuries. Looks to have been moved down the depth chart.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, C Rod said:

Since the portal was established, the thought of SMU poaching our talent has given me nightmares. This is a big domino to fall and the message it broadcasts is not a good one for us. We're at risk of losing our top talent to our rival and becoming a feeder school for SMU. 

Football will become like basketball soon. Good players at G5 levels will be recruited. Will get harder and harder for players who have great first or second years to finish at most G5 schools.

3 minutes ago, C Rod said:

Interesting how the game is changing. I understand the fear over losing talent to us, with us being local to a lot of your recruiting.  But what rival is picking off your talent?  Sad to see in conference poaching starting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, greenminer said:

There are many things he could have done. This was a jab at UNT. Sorry, just because he was a player doesn't me he can't act like an ass at times.  

He might have wanted to go there, but this did not happen overnight. There have been conversations. This type of thing (schools recruiting players on scholarship at a school) has been very common place in BB, now it will become the norm in FB

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Football will become like basketball soon. Good players at G5 levels will be recruited. Will get harder and harder for players who have great first or second years to finish at most G5 schools.

I agree and I understand it. But the Denton to Dallas transfer route is a double kick in the nuts. 

1 minute ago, C Rod said:

I agree and I understand it. But the Denton to Dallas transfer route is a double kick in the nuts. 

Honestly, if this had happened in a few day I would not have liked it but would have thought what the hell. I call BS on the timing of this. When they do formally enact the one-time no sit transfer it will be hard to impossible for most G5 programs to keep kids who have great Freshman/Sophomore years. But this is what many wanted so we will have to live with it. 

Just now, DentonStang said:

What can you tell me about Siggers?  Strengths/weaknesses?  Why is he transferring?

He’s a badass. He was an all-CUSA caliber back before a dude at Southern Miss gator rolled his ankle and put him out for a few games, then he came back and was all-CUSA caliber again, then had a major knee injury last game of the season( never fully disclosed what it was).

He wasn’t the same guy at the start of this season since it had still only been 9 months from the injury, but by the end of the season he was our best back again. He had 120 yards on 17 carries in the bowl game against App State, showing he was fully back IMO. Someone said he runs scared which couldn’t be further from the truth. He runs with some juice.

That being said, I hope he goes 0-2 against us.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

There are many things he could have done. This was a jab at UNT. Sorry, just because he was a player doesn't me he can't act like an ass at times.  

He might have wanted to go there, but this did not happen overnight. There have been conversations. This type of thing (schools recruiting players on scholarship at a school) has been very common place in BB, now it will become the norm in FB

I'm glad we agree on many things, but this ain't one of them.

ok.

• Upvote 1