Tre Siggers enters the portal

13 minutes ago, Uncle said:

I hate seeing this name on here, but I'm still not freaking out. Addaway had passed him on the depth chart, and I'm excited about Isaiah Johnson and Keith Jackson.

Agreed, the people in the portal now were all buried in the depth chart or grad transfers. We still have plenty of guys that can ball so hopefully this signals a change in culture.

It'll be interesting to see if the transfer portal ultimately ends up being a net negative or positive for us when all is said and done.  If, in a few weeks, we feel better about our depth chart than we did at the end of the early signing period, then I would say it's proof we've been overreacting.  And yes, I know we won't really know anything for certain until we see the team take the field in 2021.

• Upvote 1

This hurts. I thought he, being back at full strength, and Adaway would make for a dynamic 1-2 punch in the backfield that could give us a leg up on most CUSA opponents. Still confident in our running back group but he was a CUSA stud and we aren’t sure how many of those are on his roster. Good on him for getting his degree.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

Dang.   This one is the worst one so far.    Tre can get north-south quickly, and with steam.   He's going to make some team very happy.    Gotta think the crowded RB room was the cause here.  There just aren't very many touches to go around for all of these studs, especially if they feel like they should be a bell-cow RB (which, I can understand if Tre thinks he should be).

Glad Tre got his degree & wish him well moving forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Dang.   This one is the worst one so far.    Tre can get north-south quickly, and with steam.   He's going to make some team very happy.    Gotta think the crowded RB room was the cause here.  There just aren't very many touches to go around for all of these studs, especially if they feel like they should be a bell-cow RB (which, I can understand if Tre thinks he should be).

Glad Tre got his degree & wish him well moving forward.

Just guessing, but maybe he wants to be the lone featured back. Our system seems to be RB by committee. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I figured Nick Smith and Evan Johnson would follow suit if they want to contribute their eligibility. What surprises me is not a single quarterback has jumped in the portal yet.

Agreed. QB room looking a little full for only one spot. Good for competition though

• Upvote 1

Siggers was fun to watch. But was he ever really the same after that knee injury? IMO, he went from dominant to just OK. 
I believe Siggers can be successful at his next stop but a lot of these guys are going to discover that the grass ain’t always greener. And some of them are going to be left without a place to sit once the music stops.

• Upvote 3

Just now, southsideguy said:

I loved this guy when he was healthy, sorry to lose him.  Good Luck at your next stop.  Hope he is not planing on going to a CUSA team where he run up his rush yards against us.

Yep, loved watching him and he always had a smile on his face.  I wish him nothing but success in the future.

• Upvote 1