DRC: Five UNT players hit transfer portal, including two starters

Brett Vito

2 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

Five, including two that already played a senior year. So really three entered the portal. I don't think of three as a mass exodus. 

And entering the transfer portal does not mean that the players have departed, it shows that they are making themselves available to other schools. Some players that enter the portal wind up staying at their original school.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ADLER said:

And entering the transfer portal does not mean that the players have departed, it shows that they are making themselves available to other schools. Some players that enter the portal wind up staying at their original school.

If we've learned anything about Littrell, it's that once you're not 'bought-in', he doesn't want you.   Not a single player in the portal will be returning.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, NTPoonKing said:

Part of college football these days.  We don't really have it that bad, but I'd sure love to pick up a few transfers soon.

Could be worse-I've followed Nebraska football all my life and they have lost like 8 4 star players in the last year.  Its comical.

Good insight as always from the North Texas Poon King

Many were predicting a fruit basket turnover with an extra season and no wait for transfer.

Just hope that by the end, NT has better transfers coming in than going out. 

Again, the big problem with this is not having players declare and wait for offers. 

It is the recruiting of players before they go to the transfer terminal.   

It makes it very easy for example, for a P5 program to poach G5 players through this process.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Keep in mind many JUCO teams play in the spring this year. We will have options to fill gaps.

I could absolutely see us getting some JUCO guys. Imagine a JUCO freshman, currently under the radar, having a solid freshman season and being a full qualifier. We could bring him in and get 4 more years of him. Even JUCO sophomores we get them for 3 more years. There’s definitely benefit to looking their way when a lot of schools might be full from HS and D1 transfers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I could absolutely see us getting some JUCO guys. Imagine a JUCO freshman, currently under the radar, having a solid freshman season and being a full qualifier. We could bring him in and get 4 more years of him. Even JUCO sophomores we get them for 3 more years. There’s definitely benefit to looking their way when a lot of schools might be full from HS and D1 transfers.

image.jpeg.dd84d9781c69d5147d36cae5b722074d.jpeg

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If BV covered WKU he would probably be in complete meltdown 

Just noticed, WKU up to 21 heading out. Guess we need to start hurrying 😈

Looks like they are at 13 coming in  -- They only signed 4 players on NSD

Very busy.....

Edited by El Paso Eagle

6 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

I sure hope so. Jordan Rucker (Purdue transfer) started the season, then opted out a few games in. Seems like the other opt out guys have been among the ones hitting the portal this week. Hope Rucker comes back.

No inside info, but opt out has seemed to mean opt out of the university for the most part. I am not hopeful. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

No inside info, but opt out has seemed to mean opt out of the university for the most part. I am not hopeful. 

Agreed. I would think Rucker is gone but holding out hope until announcement is official.

Also, the sit-out free transfer is a one-time deal. Since Rucker was given a waiver and allowed to play immediately this season, that may preclude him from being able to play immediately again should he want to transfer to another FBS school.