UTEP (1/15/21)

UNTLifer

maybe if they turn the heat up in the pit the team will get hotter.   The place is like a meat cooler.   I leave my sweat jacket on and my feet are like ice when I leave there.   Are saving money by not turning the heat on in the gym?   Maybe it was UTEP making it so cold.   

We better sweep these guys.

Reese starting the game out with a hot shooting streak helped fuel things until the rest of the team found their footing and the floodgates opened. He makes such a difference for us when he’s playing well.

Interested to see how UTEP responds this afternoon. No way they shoot as poorly as a group as they did yesterday.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

UTEP was not shooting the rock real well to night, so I’m not quite ready to pick out a place for the next banner yet.  

With that said, every trip down for them seemed to be a one-and-done because of how well we rebounded.  

This. They had shots they were just stinking it up. We played well, but it's hard to tell how well since they played so bad. Will be interesting to see how today goes.

PS - On the UTEP post game talk show on the local radio station the meltdown was in full force.

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

Are they still doing call-ins after the formal post game summary? That was one of my favorite parts of the game day experience, and I don't see it many other places.

Yep, 600-ESPN (KROD) has the after game show and basically stays on for as long as people call. For a local station they do a nice job. 

17 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Yep, 600-ESPN (KROD) has the after game show and basically stays on for as long as people call. For a local station they do a nice job. 

I honestly think between UTEP and UNT, we have some of the best play-by-play out there.

Sometimes I tune into another feed and it is literally gut wrenching.  Worse than hearing an announcement at a M-M-M-Monster Truck jam.

I believe Teicher is an NMSU grad, too.  Can you imagine if one of the MGRN was from SMU?

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

I honestly think between UTEP and UNT, we have some of the best play-by-play out there.

Sometimes I tune into another feed and it is literally gut wrenching.  Worse than hearing an announcement at a M-M-M-Monster Truck jam.

I believe Teicher is an NMSU grad, too.  Can you imagine if one of the MGRN was from SMU?

Great points. Teicher is absolutely first class. Spot on with some broadcast, even with some of the "bigger" schools. Seems they always have someone who screams at everything. 

5 hours ago, greenminer said:

Smu’s radio voice is  a nt alum