Bryce English in Portal

97and03

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

So we got him in the summer of 2017, has done nothing, and is in the portal? I completely forgot he was on the team LMAO

He wasn’t on the roster this season and he was part of Littrell’s first recruiting class so we got him in spring 2016 but I think he had to sit a year.

I’m honestly shocked he still has two years to play. He redshirted in 2015 at KState, sat out 2016 due to transfer rules, sat out 2017 due to injury, played 2018 and 2019, and then he sat out 2020. So his 5 to play 4 clock was already spent after 2019 but I firs due to injuries and Covid they are allowing him 8 to play 4. I hope he gets a masters out of this.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

He wasn’t on the roster this season and he was part of Littrell’s first recruiting class so we got him in spring 2016 but I think he had to sit a year.

I’m honestly shocked he still has two years to play. He redshirted in 2015 at KState, sat out 2016 due to transfer rules, sat out 2017 due to injury, played 2018 and 2019, and then he sat out 2020. So his 5 to play 4 clock was already spent after 2019 but I firs due to injuries and Covid they are allowing him 8 to play 4. I hope he gets a masters out of this.

His father also had cancer, which he applied for a hardship waiver which allowed an extra year for him. Think that’s part of why he technically had two years of eligibility left heading into this year. Crazy.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

His father also had cancer, which he applied for a hardship waiver which allowed an extra year for him. Think that’s part of why he technically had two years of eligibility left heading into this year. Crazy.

Thanks man, I had forgotten about that.

26 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I asked him on Twitter how he still had eligibility left since he graduated high school in the 90s. Hope he responds. 😉

Please tell me that you are joking and you really didn’t talk  mess to a former player that helped Seth build his first class here. He didn’t end up being a contributor on the field like we thought he would but he did some good things around campus as a student at our university.

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Thanks man, I had forgotten about that.

Please tell me that you are joking and you really didn’t talk  mess to a former player that helped Seth build his first class here. He didn’t end up being a contributor on the field like we thought he would but he did some good things around campus as a student at our university.

I did it with an emoji so it was clear it was teasing. Also said I was sad we never got to see him shine here. All in good fun. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, peanuts104 said:

That's all that matters when you give someone a scholarship worth tens of thousands of dollars. Perform on field or get out.

Dude, there are a ton of players on scholly who never get on the field, but their contribution in practice, film and preparation are as key to winning as anybody else on the team. Plus, they get a free education. 

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1

• 4 weeks later...