Some Transfer Will Be Available Later This Year

El Paso Eagle

With FCS and lower division schools playing Spring Ball** this year there could be players available after the end of their season. 

Would not mind an FCS player who has shown good things.

Side THought --

** Question - Should lower division schools D2/3, NAIA consider moving to spring games on-going? Might be an opportunity to get more recognition. I would watch Spring College game at any level?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

With FCS and lower division schools playing Spring Ball** this year there could be players available after the end of their season. 

Side THought --

** Question - Should lower division schools D2/3, NAIA consider moving to spring games on-going? Might be an opportunity to get more recognition. I would watch Spring College game at any level?

Have a good friend that is the HC at UTPB.  He doesn't like the spring season they are about to start.  Throws everything off.  Managing injuries for next year, recruiting, etc...

• Upvote 3

On 1/14/2021 at 3:36 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Side THought --

I have a good friend on staff at UMHB in Athletics (she’s a NT Alumni as well!) - and she is dreading the spring season. She doesn’t know how they’ll get through all of the shuffling around they’ve had to do; including conflicts with other spring sports too. It doesn’t sound like the players are super excited about it either, but obviously they’ll still get to play, so that’s the plus. She says it’s just chaotic. 😅

Also - I think ACU is in an interesting situation. I know someone on staff there as well and he said they were playing some of their games in the fall (I think they were traveling to Army, played UTEP, and a couple others) and are playing some in the spring due to some of these conferences being switched to the spring now. I can’t even imagine the work that goes into all of that, not to mention a really long season for those players. We’ll see if it still plays out that way.

After speaking with both of them, it doesn’t seem like a spring season would stick around for good or be beneficial in general for these conferences. It just doesn’t make sense to keep it this way in my opinion. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2