Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Don't hire a DC, we need a HC


Recommended Posts

Just bite the bullet and fire Seth.  Underperformed,  low energy,  mass transfers with very little reinforcements coming in. Fire him please.  Get a fresh start. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Like 1
  • Eye Roll 6
  • Downvote 12
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LongJim said:

Who are you going to get?

Colby carthel would be damn solid, but there's plenty of names.  Wren needs his guy. Seth is a sinking ship, time to get off with a lifeboat

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 5
  • RV 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Colby carthel would be damn solid, but there's plenty of names.  Wren needs his guy. Seth is a sinking ship, time to get off with a lifeboat

Carthel is employed.  Who else?  I'm curious who you have in mind.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LongJim said:

Carthel is employed.  Who else?  I'm curious who you have in mind.

By SFA, yeah,  think we can't get him? Gtfoh... ok ready...

Bob stoops, Charlie strong, Kevin summlin, tom herman, arte briles. These are former HCs.. would you like some assistants..  

 

Wanna shoot some reasons to keep Seth... give me some legitimate reasons where there's progress. Yes recruiting is up. I wouldn't even contribute most of that to Seth.

Edited by p_phelps
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, p_phelps said:

By SFA, yeah,  think we can't get him? Gtfoh... ok ready...

Bob stoops, Charlie strong, Kevin summon, tom herman, arte briles. These are former HCs.. would you like some assistants..  

 

Wanna shoot some reasons to keep Seth... give me some legitimate reasons where there's progress. Yes recruiting is up. I wouldn't even contribute most of that to Seth.

So now, in your opinion, in addition to not being able to coach Seth has played no role in the improved recruiting?

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

Just bite the bullet and fire Seth.  Underperformed,  low energy,  mass transfers with very little reinforcements coming in. Fire him please.  Get a fresh start. 

If you'll just write the check for a few million right now, I'm sure that can happen...

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

So now, in your opinion, in addition to not being able to coach Seth has played no role in the improved recruiting?

Yeah,  like I said. Most of the pick up from recruiting isn't by Seth. Its done by walerius.

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Bob stoops, Charlie strong, Kevin summlin, tom herman, arte briles. These are former HCs..

Wanna shoot some reasons to keep Seth...

So nobody specific.  Just "anyone but Littrell".  Fair enough.

No.  Not at this time.

  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LongJim said:

So nobody specific.  Just "anyone but Littrell".  Fair enough.

No.  Not at this time.

My guy, check again.. named like 5 just off the top of my head. Go ahead and bury your head in the sand

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, p_phelps said:

My guy, check again.. named like 5 just off the top of my head. Go ahead and burst you head in the sand

Yeah, I saw that.  Off the top of your head.  Good deal.

Ok, thanks for the tip.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LongJim said:

Yeah, I saw that.  Off the top of your head.  Good deal.

Ok, thanks for the tip.

Very confused,  you'd take Seth over any of the guys I said... fox burying GIF

  • Confused 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Very confused,  you'd take Seth over any of the guys I said... fox burying GIF

You rambled off a bunch of guys assuming that A, they’d be interested, and B, they’d be an improvement over what was one of the hottest up and coming young coaches in college football. At this point we need Seth as much as he needs us, our job would be 100 times more attractive if he is hired away than it will be if he is the 7th consecutive coach to be fired here over the last 39 years.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

The Mean Green Nation thanks all of you who are donating the 5+ million to buy out Seth's contract. Wren is in his office waiting for the checks to be dropped off. Please hurry!

*I believe his total buyout is $1.215 million 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pseudo Nym said:

*I believe his total buyout is $1.215 million 

I've seen different...he makes that yearly and has a couple more years on his contract..but glad people are willing to donate to buy him out. 

Edited by RBP79
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, Littrell is not going anywhere next year.

Why waste your time with I guess optimism that he is magically going to be gone.  Even if NT had the buyout money, I don't think NT would make a change. 

The question is what will happen after next year when termination will still be very costly.

My guess if he breaks even or better, there will be no consideration of making a change.

Four or five wins and Littrell will certainly be on the hot seat.  Less than that he probably will be gone. 

If NT wins 8 or over, as improbable has it seems, he could be hired away.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Again, Littrell is not going anywhere next year.

Why waste your time with I guess optimism that he is magically going to be gone.  Even if NT had the buyout money, I don't think NT would make a change. 

The question is what will happen after next year when termination will still be very costly.

My guess if he breaks even or better, there will be no consideration of making a change.

Four or five wins and Baker will certainly be on the hot seat.  Less than that he probably will be gone. 

If NT wins 8 or over, as improbable has it seems, he could be hired away.

Let's just go ahead and get rid of the President of the University as well. Overall athletics are very strong at UNT and people want to go after Wren. 

 

image.jpeg.f07747adfcc0a1a44d31ea4f5b00f1fc.jpeg

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.