Don't hire a DC, we need a HC

p_phelps

5 minutes ago, LongJim said:

Carthel is employed.  Who else?  I'm curious who you have in mind.

By SFA, yeah,  think we can't get him? Gtfoh... ok ready...

Bob stoops, Charlie strong, Kevin summlin, tom herman, arte briles. These are former HCs.. would you like some assistants..  

Wanna shoot some reasons to keep Seth... give me some legitimate reasons where there's progress. Yes recruiting is up. I wouldn't even contribute most of that to Seth.

Edited by p_phelps
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, p_phelps said:

By SFA, yeah,  think we can't get him? Gtfoh... ok ready...

Bob stoops, Charlie strong, Kevin summon, tom herman, arte briles. These are former HCs.. would you like some assistants..  

Wanna shoot some reasons to keep Seth... give me some legitimate reasons where there's progress. Yes recruiting is up. I wouldn't even contribute most of that to Seth.

So now, in your opinion, in addition to not being able to coach Seth has played no role in the improved recruiting?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

1 hour ago, p_phelps said:

Just bite the bullet and fire Seth.  Underperformed,  low energy,  mass transfers with very little reinforcements coming in. Fire him please.  Get a fresh start. 

If you'll just write the check for a few million right now, I'm sure that can happen...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • RV 1

2 minutes ago, LongJim said:

So nobody specific.  Just "anyone but Littrell".  Fair enough.

No.  Not at this time.

My guy, check again.. named like 5 just off the top of my head. Go ahead and bury your head in the sand

Edited by p_phelps
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3

33 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Very confused,  you'd take Seth over any of the guys I said... fox burying GIF

You rambled off a bunch of guys assuming that A, they’d be interested, and B, they’d be an improvement over what was one of the hottest up and coming young coaches in college football. At this point we need Seth as much as he needs us, our job would be 100 times more attractive if he is hired away than it will be if he is the 7th consecutive coach to be fired here over the last 39 years.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Pseudo Nym said:

*I believe his total buyout is $1.215 million 

I've seen different...he makes that yearly and has a couple more years on his contract..but glad people are willing to donate to buy him out. 

Edited by RBP79
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Again, Littrell is not going anywhere next year.

Why waste your time with I guess optimism that he is magically going to be gone.  Even if NT had the buyout money, I don't think NT would make a change. 

The question is what will happen after next year when termination will still be very costly.

My guess if he breaks even or better, there will be no consideration of making a change.

Four or five wins and Littrell will certainly be on the hot seat.  Less than that he probably will be gone. 

If NT wins 8 or over, as improbable has it seems, he could be hired away.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Again, Littrell is not going anywhere next year.

Why waste your time with I guess optimism that he is magically going to be gone.  Even if NT had the buyout money, I don't think NT would make a change. 

The question is what will happen after next year when termination will still be very costly.

My guess if he breaks even or better, there will be no consideration of making a change.

Four or five wins and Baker will certainly be on the hot seat.  Less than that he probably will be gone. 

If NT wins 8 or over, as improbable has it seems, he could be hired away.

Let's just go ahead and get rid of the President of the University as well. Overall athletics are very strong at UNT and people want to go after Wren. 

image.jpeg.f07747adfcc0a1a44d31ea4f5b00f1fc.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1