Chris Thornton enters portal

TheReal_jayD

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

hey big guy more is coming hang on.

Ok, if somebody like Adaway or the Murphy twins leave, I’ll concede your point, otherwise, these are just players looking for more playing time or upper classmen looking to change scenery for their last year of eligibility.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Ok, if somebody like Adaway or the Murphy twins leave, I’ll concede your point, otherwise, these are just players looking for more playing time or upper classmen looking to change scenery for their last year of eligibility.

We just lost our starting CB and Safety....and our D already sucked.

Edited by TheReal_jayD
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

We just lost our starting CB and Safety....and our D already sucked.

They were both seniors, they probably want to see if they can get on someplace else and see what it’s like. If they didn’t have the free corona year, both of their eligibility would have expired with this season, don’t be so dramatic.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

It feels like the defense is a sinking ship.  Players know it, and potential DC hires know it too. 

Of course, players transfer quite a bit these days (especially given the Covid exemptions), so I don't think we should overreact to losing a few, but . . . something has definitely seemed off about Littrell ever since the K-State deal fell through.  Perhaps this is just my impression, but he comes across as unenthused (which is nothing like the Littrell we saw in the first couple years), and I fear that is trickling down to the players.

• Upvote 3

With the extra year of eligibility and the players coming in coaches are probably being a little more honest with players as to where the fit in. Not to be more of an ass than usual, but what are some of these defensive players going to tell other schools - Well, I was part of one of the worst defenses in the FBS? If they don't want to be here then it is probably best for all they move on.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Yeah, get back to me when it’s not little used guys or grad transfers. Otherwise, I’m gonna go about my day. 

This. I also have to wonder if the coaches straight up told them, "you aren't in our future plans so consider going elsewhere." 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

This. I also have to wonder if the coaches straight up told them, "you aren't in our future plans so consider going elsewhere." 

Based on the players transferring, I am pretty sure this is the case. Not bashing them, just calling it based off some of their performances. Hopefully they are all alumni now and have their degrees. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jtm0097 said:

Based on the players transferring, I am pretty sure this is the case. Not bashing them, just calling it based off some of their performances. Hopefully they are all alumni now and have their degrees. 

Same. These guys are all guys I would’ve expected to leave even if the rules hadn’t changed, or guys who would’ve had their eligibility expire this season anyways.

Sanders and Johnson, best of luck to them, but we needed to move on from them at least from being in the starting lineup. Doubt they want to spend their extra season sitting or teaching a guy taking their spot.

Here is who else we know is leaving:

- Greg White, redshirt junior receiver who would probably be our 5th receiver behind guys who have more remaining eligibility than him. 
- Brian Parish, redshirt junior offensive lineman who would be at best out 4th tackle with the guys ahead of him having as much or more eligibility remaining.

- Chris Thornton, redshirt junior linebacker who was never in the two deep except when we were thin at LB because of COVID.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 6

36 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Yeah, get back to me when it’s not little used guys or grad transfers. Otherwise, I’m gonna go about my day. 

Right, my thoughts as well. Even Novil I would hate to see go but I wouldn’t take that as the world ending given the circumstances that he is a grad transfer and he gave us four years already. KD Davis, Murphy twins, Stout, Gaddie, if guys like that were to go in the portal that would be a sign that something is wrong. Based on the statements these players are making and where they were on the depth chart and in their career, that doesn’t seem like the case.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Same. These guys are all guys I would’ve expected to leave even if the rules hadn’t changed, or guys who would’ve had their eligibility expire this season anyways.

Sanders and Johnson, best of luck to them, but we needed to move on from them at least from being in the starting lineup. Doubt they want to spend their extra season sitting or teaching a guy taking their spot.

Here is who else we know is leaving:

- Greg White, redshirt junior receiver who would probably be our 5th receiver behind guys who have more remaining eligibility than him. 
- Brian Parish, redshirt junior offensive lineman who would be at best out 4th tackle with the guys ahead of him having as much or more eligibility remaining.

- Chris Thornton, redshirt junior linebacker who was never in the two deep except when we were thin at LB because of COVID.

3 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Right, my thoughts as well. Even Novil I would hate to see go but I wouldn’t take that as the world ending given the circumstances that he is a grad transfer and he gave us four years already. KD Davis, Murphy twins, Stout, Gaddie, if guys like that were to go in the portal that would be a sign that something is wrong. Based on the statements these players are making and where they were on the depth chart and in their career, that doesn’t seem like the case.

tenor.gif

• Upvote 1