OSU LB Carson Kropp Transfers to UNT

MGNation92

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

https://okstate.com/sports/football/roster/carson-kropp/8973

Looks like he played with Will Kuehne at Owasso

He looks like a winner to me. 🍻

High School: A team captain who played for Bill Blankenship at Owasso High School … Led the Rams to the 2017 Oklahoma 6A-1 State Championship … Earned all-state honors as a senior, as well as first team all-district honors … Team leader in tackles during his junior and senior seasons … Finished his high school career with a single game high of 18 tackles in the state championship game … Also a talented baseball player who was selected as a Rawlings-Perfect Game Preseason All-American as a senior … 247Sports ranked him as the No. 94 inside linebacker in the country and as the No. 31 overall prospect in the state of Oklahoma.

• Upvote 3

Welcome aboard Carson. Found this tidbit in an SI article:

"Linebacker Carson Kropp, who helped Owasso win a Class 6A State Championship in high school is a legacy Cowboys, who has a grandfather that is retired but was a longtime OSU professor. Kropp is on scholarship now."

Edited by Marty
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Is this a scholarship or walk on? He was a walk on at ok state. Would be a huge win to also get him as a walk on and save a scholarship for more defense this year 

As @Marty posted above, he started as a walk-on, but he was put on scholarship.  I can't imagine someone leaving a scholarship at Okie State to walk on here.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, UNT Knowledge said:

Eligible immediately.

Will be an immediate boost in the weight and locker rooms.   Under-recruited player out of high school because his major focus was on baseball (Owasso is a national powerhouse in baseball).   Good size and great work ethic.

Walked on at OSU and earned a scholarship because of his play on special teams.   Is more of a "Midwest mike" LB but will compete for a starting position here.  No doubt in my mind he will be a contributor

What is a “Midwest Mike”?

25 minutes ago, Danish43 said:

What is a “Midwest Mike”?

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd imagine it's something along the lines of a big corn fed white boy who's not particularly athletic but works hard and is a strong team player?

Total guess. No info

Edit: Well, I wasn't totally wrong 😂

Edited by MGNation92
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/4675280/59cc26abff01c71e30e6a62f

Like his video.  Kid has a motor and knows how to tackle. I may be going out on a limb here, but he reminds me of Spencer and Kassell.

•  

Add to that 3 years at a Top 25 Power 5 program gaining knowledge and maturity. If you check out his Twitter there are some videos from workouts that look impressive. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Okiefan said:

•  

Add to that 3 years at a Top 25 Power 5 program gaining knowledge and maturity. If you check out his Twitter there are some videos from workouts that look impressive. 

I understand what you are saying, and am excited to have him as part of our program, but I am not terribly swayed by workout videos.  There are too many "workout warriors" out there that can't play a lick.  Heck, I still workout every day.  You don't want to see me out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2