Dodge Bowl

Marty

50 minutes ago, Pseudo Nym said:

I'm really looking forward to this! I remember talking to Riley in the old snake pit after his dad was let go, he was shooting hoops by himself and he was so beatdown and dejected.  I don't remember what all his injuries were but he had some significant ones, played through them, moved positions, took heat for replacing Vizza who had a great freshman year before he came in, and of course the failure to win on the field; he carried a lot of that with him, a lot of pride and heart with that one! I don't remember what we talked about but I remember feeling bad for him at the time and was disappointed to hear he was transferring but he looked like a sad, worn out, lost puppy dog that day.... Glad to see them both finding success (and hopefully some happiness) after North Texas!

He has arguably the worst Offensive line as well

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pseudo Nym said:

I'm really looking forward to this! I remember talking to Riley in the old snake pit after his dad was let go, he was shooting hoops by himself and he was so beatdown and dejected.  I don't remember what all his injuries were but he had some significant ones, played through them, moved positions, took heat for replacing Vizza who had a great freshman year before he came in, and of course the failure to win on the field; he carried a lot of that with him, a lot of pride and heart with that one! I don't remember what we talked about but I remember feeling bad for him at the time and was disappointed to hear he was transferring but he looked like a sad, worn out, lost puppy dog that day.... Glad to see them both finding success (and hopefully some happiness) after North Texas!

Even more so than Mason, I felt every time RD had the ball something special could happen. 

• Upvote 3

Dodge didn't hire himself at NT.

I believe he may have actually succeeded, if he had hired experienced college assistant coaches.

It was a bad "Hail Mary" by RV.  RV wanted to make a splash hire within NT's paltry budget. 

It did raise interest in NT football until they actually had to play some games. 

NT's worse hire was not Dodge, it was RV.  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

44 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Hard to watch listening to Craig Way drool all over the Dodges for three hours. Finally turned it off. He and his color man made it almost unbearable. 

I took this photo of (then) UNT student Craig Way with his mentor & broadcasting professor Bill Mercer at the 1985 UNT Homecoming game at old Fouts Field.  

••• Bill Mercer did turn out some great sports talent in his Sports broadcasting department.  Start with Dave Barnett, George Dunham, Junior Miller, Mark Followill, Rich Phillips & more. (Who’d I leave out)?

648416A0-E609-49D8-8D01-7D341EB28FEA.jpeg.93887411be90177dda45da0ce9ad236c.jpeg