Mean Green Now 3-0

MCMLXXX

Time will tell.  Lots of injuries have hurt good teams in the past.  Many talented players in this group, with some transfers who had to sit out a year.   It will depend on how they jell as a team without the usual time to become a "team" with the limits on pre-season activities due to Covid-19.

There is a chance it could be her best team yet.

4 hours ago, Venson said:

Update this to 4-0 in conference. Best start in school history. Doing all this without Char Shepherd, Callie Owens, Trena Mims, Summer Jones, or Randi Thompson.

Where are those girls?

I think I saw Shepherd and Jones in the seats behind the team. Any word on why they aren't playing?

These girls are more physical it seems, and now they get a real test next week.

Also, this was the first time in program history the women’s team has started 4-0 in conference. Closest was 3-1 in 2017-18 and a few other years according to Zac Babb the WBB radio guy

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Where are those girls?

I think I saw Shepherd and Jones in the seats behind the team. Any word on why they aren't playing?

As far as I know, Mims, Owens, and Thompson are out for the season with injuries. I did see Thompson in the crowd for one game and she had a huge leg brace on. As far as Shepherd and Jones, I think they have minor injuries and should return, but I also heard the radio announcer say Mitchell's team has dealt with COVID issues so I am not sure what is correct. My guess is if you saw them behind the team at the game then it's probably just minor injuries and not COVID related.