UTSA (1/9/21)

CMJ

11 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

For some reason, ESPN has this game listed on ESPNU for 3CST. But as far as I can tell, the original game scheduled for this slot (Houston vs Tulane) is still on. Probably a typo. I imagine this is still going to be on ESPN+

I thought today's game was originally supposed to be on ESPN+, but now both UNT and UTSA athletic sites are showing game is only on CUSA.tv. Yuck....

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Magic95Fan said:

For some reason, ESPN has this game listed on ESPNU for 3CST. But as far as I can tell, the original game scheduled for this slot (Houston vs Tulane) is still on. Probably a typo. I imagine this is still going to be on ESPN+

Why wouldn’t they keep the same production crew in place for another game? Save money and limit risk. 

4 minutes ago, BonfireBrian said:

I thought today's game was originally supposed to be on ESPN+, but now both UNT and UTSA athletic sites are showing game is only on CUSA.tv. Yuck....

Does that mean we get San Antonio CC on air “talent”?

1 hour ago, BonfireBrian said:

for what its worth, i just logged into my espn + and it shows the game listed as upcoming at 3pm. 

3:00PM tip.  ESPN Game Page says broadcast is ESPNU.  My ESPN app says it will be available on ESPN+.  BOOM

UTSA RPI Rank: 316
UNT RPI Rank: 179
ESPN Game Page
Official UTSA MBBall site
Twitter @UTSAMBB

....Radio broadcast reminder: if you want to listen via TuneIn, you do NOT search for KNTU 88.1.  You have to search for UNT, Mean Green, or UTSA.  The Learfield broadcast has a separate internet channel and is not streamed via internet through the KNTU channel.

HERE is a direct link to the TuneIn broadcast.

Edited by greenminer

3 minutes ago, Magic95Fan said:

I wonder if it is possible that someone on the crew that ESPN sent out ended up getting a positive test back after the game last night, causing the crew to have to sit this one out. Thats the only plausible thing I can think of to explain this last minute switcherooski.

It was going to be on ESPN+. Couldn't they just stream the UTSA feed? No one was expecting broadcast quality anyway. While not ideal, it would be better than nothing.

Edited by Side.Show.Joe