What are we waiting on

TheReal_jayD

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Seth hasn't beaten a team with a winning record since Army 2017 I believe. We are 0-4 in bowl games. We tout an incredible offense that makes most of it's money on garbage time stats and is inconsistent as hell. We can't find a QB that's even close to Mason Fine, and we keep making questionable coaching hires(Bloesch, Brad Davis, Jeff Koonz, Graham Harrell are the only ones that have made a difference, everyone else is mediocre at best).

Our RB's are pretty kick-ass year after year.   I personally wouldn't put Patrick Cobbs in the "mediocre at best" category.  I think he's doing a really good job of coaching them up.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

^This

Not to mention the overall program has gone downhill in general outside of recruiting. We have a new practice facility, we have a nice athletic center, decent weight room. Our guys look smaller and slower than they did 3 years ago, and we've supposed recruited really well. S&C is awful, even with an actual nutrition program attached to it.

Seth hasn't beaten a team with a winning record since Army 2017 I believe. We are 0-4 in bowl games. We tout an incredible offense that makes most of it's money on garbage time stats and is inconsistent as hell. We can't find a QB that's even close to Mason Fine, and we keep making questionable coaching hires(Bloesch, Brad Davis, Jeff Koonz, Graham Harrell are the only ones that have made a difference, everyone else is mediocre at best).

So no, not being able to hire a specific DC isn't the straw to break the camel's back. It's just another tally in a long list of failures that Seth Littrell continues to pile up.

Recruiting shows the future of the program. Hopefully this coming season we see the results of that recruiting on the field. GMG

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

Our RB's are pretty kick-ass year after year.   I personally wouldn't put Patrick Cobbs in the "mediocre at best" category.  I think he's doing a really good job of coaching them up.

Are any of them better than Jeff Wilson? No. He was here without Cobbs and excelled. 

Cobbs is a good coach no doubt, but improving the RBs that much? One could argue all them are better recruits on paper than Wilson so they should be better.

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Are any of them better than Jeff Wilson? No. He was here without Cobbs and excelled. 

Cobbs is a good coach no doubt, but improving the RBs that much? One could argue all them are better recruits on paper than Wilson so they should be better.

Wilson ran the counter play so well and was always a threat to take it down the field.  I don't think I saw one counter play in the last two years.  Has it gone the way of the wishbone?   

• Upvote 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:44 AM, MGNation92 said:

Not trying to compare RB's, but the quality of the O-line has a lot to do with how successful the RB's are. Wilson ran behind a better line coached by Brad Davis, who left to take the same position at Florida after Wilson final year in Denton.

Overall, I think Cobb's RB's have not had as high a caliber line to run behind. The O-line wasn't bad last season, but under Langston the unit was not very good. I think Cobbs is a solid RB coach, and one of the better coaches on our staff. I do not want to lose him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Not trying to compare RB's, but the quality of the O-line has a lot to do with how successful the RB's are. Wilson ran behind a better line coached by Brad Davis, who left to take the same position at Florida after Wilson final year in Denton.

Overall, I think Cobb's RB's have not had as high a caliber line to run behind. The O-line wasn't bad last season, but under Langston the unit was not very good. I think Cobbs is a solid RB coach, and one of the better coaches on our staff. I do not want to lose him. 

Langston was the OL coach for Wilson‘s senior year in 2017. Davis was one and done here.

• Upvote 1