What are we waiting on

TheReal_jayD

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I hope for an announcement first thing tomorrow morning.

Hope, as in "I know something is immenent and they should announce it tomorrow" or hope, as in "Man, I am tired of waiting and hope, hope, hope it is tomorrow."

• Downvote 1

On 1/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, Travis said:

This amount of time is becoming extremely concerning to me.  So many programs have secured their new head coaches and some of them have already completely filled their staff.  Why is this taking so long? Why is it that Boise State loses their HC after we let go of our own DC and they already have a new HC and he is in the process of getting his staff together today.  Should we read this as not a good sign?!

I personally think that this job will be hard to fill since Seth is under so much pressure to produce this season. Hope I am wrong,

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

33 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Think we are headed that way. We have moved passed option A

So were probably not going to get someone willing to leave his current job. Means an out of work coach - not that that is always bad, but doesn't seem like we will be getting the person we wanted

1 hour ago, wardly said:

I personally think that this job will be hard to fill since Seth is under so much pressure to produce this season. Hope I am wrong,

I respectfully disagree. If a DC comes in here and turns things around and our offense performs as it should, then his value sky rockets. If he comes in and succeeds and the offense tanks, he will have value on the open market. 
I would like for us to find an established DC but a good position coach on the rise can also pan out. Take Dabo Sweeney for instance. He was a WR coach prior to taking the head job at Clemson. We just need a good coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Littrell is a joke.

Can't wait for him to be fired after next season.

For what?  Not being able to lure a coach away from another program?  In the words of someone that shall remain nameless, “Come on man!”

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

For what?  Not being able to lure a coach away from another program?  In the words of someone that shall remain nameless, “Come on man!”

I'm a big SL defender but after 2021, if there is a group defending SL with variations of "it's not his fault he couldn't lure a DC away from another program"....I will not be a part of it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

19 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

No, for everything. He loses EVERY game that has any meaning.  Hasn't made any legitimate DC hires his entire tenure. The defense has gotten worse progressively every yr under SL. Even his offense fails to make adjustments.  Its truly unfortunate he didn't just go to k state a few years back and we could have moved on with a Wren hire.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 1

13 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

No, for everything. He loses EVERY game that has any meaning.  Hasn't made any legitimate DC hires his entire tenure. The defense has gotten worse progressively every yr under SL. Even his offense fails to make adjustments.  Its truly unfortunate he didn't just go to k state a few years back and we could have moved on with a Wren hire.

Facts GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

11 hours ago, p_phelps said:

^This

Not to mention the overall program has gone downhill in general outside of recruiting. We have a new practice facility, we have a nice athletic center, decent weight room. Our guys look smaller and slower than they did 3 years ago, and we've supposed recruited really well. S&C is awful, even with an actual nutrition program attached to it.

Seth hasn't beaten a team with a winning record since Army 2017 I believe. We are 0-4 in bowl games. We tout an incredible offense that makes most of it's money on garbage time stats and is inconsistent as hell. We can't find a QB that's even close to Mason Fine, and we keep making questionable coaching hires(Bloesch, Brad Davis, Jeff Koonz, Graham Harrell are the only ones that have made a difference, everyone else is mediocre at best).

So no, not being able to hire a specific DC isn't the straw to break the camel's back. It's just another tally in a long list of failures that Seth Littrell continues to pile up.

• Upvote 3