What are we waiting on

TheReal_jayD

16 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

Waiting for National Championship game to be finished.

Not sure if you were serious about this but Karl Scott, current CB Coach at 'Bama stands out if that's the case: https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/karl-scott/1077

Scott_Karl.jpg?width=300

Before 'Bama:

Scott spent the previous two seasons as the secondary coach at Texas Tech before being named the defensive coordinator at Louisiana-Lafayette in late December of 2017. His secondary at Texas Tech in 2017 posted an impressive turnaround, helping produce 29 turnovers, including 14 interceptions.

Before Tech:

Scott worked at Southeastern Louisiana for three years, serving as the defensive coordinator and secondary coach in 2014 and linebackers coach in 2012-13. During his tenure with the Lions, he helped lead the program to back-to-back Southland Conference championships (2013-14) and two NCAA Football Championship Subdivision playoff appearances.  His 2014 defense at Southeastern led the Southland Conference in total defense while ranking seventh in the FCS. The Lions also led the nation in pass efficiency defense (94.3) and ranked fifth in red zone defense, eighth in scoring defense (17.7 ppg) and 11th in turnovers gained (28). 

A native of Houston, Texas, Scott played at McMurry University.

EDIT: Although... "Karl Scott drawing a $525,000 deal in 2019-2020, up approximately $175,000 from last year’s salary ($350,000)." 

Link: https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2019/03/20/alabama-assistants-earn-new-deals-totaling-7-5-million-2019/3224595002/

Edited by Pseudo Nym
  • Upvote 6
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

48 minutes ago, Pseudo Nym said:

Not sure if you were serious about this but Karl Scott, current CB Coach at 'Bama stands out if that's the case: https://rolltide.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/karl-scott/1077

Scott_Karl.jpg?width=300

Before 'Bama:

Scott spent the previous two seasons as the secondary coach at Texas Tech before being named the defensive coordinator at Louisiana-Lafayette in late December of 2017. His secondary at Texas Tech in 2017 posted an impressive turnaround, helping produce 29 turnovers, including 14 interceptions.

Before Tech:

Scott worked at Southeastern Louisiana for three years, serving as the defensive coordinator and secondary coach in 2014 and linebackers coach in 2012-13. During his tenure with the Lions, he helped lead the program to back-to-back Southland Conference championships (2013-14) and two NCAA Football Championship Subdivision playoff appearances.  His 2014 defense at Southeastern led the Southland Conference in total defense while ranking seventh in the FCS. The Lions also led the nation in pass efficiency defense (94.3) and ranked fifth in red zone defense, eighth in scoring defense (17.7 ppg) and 11th in turnovers gained (28). 

A native of Houston, Texas, Scott played at McMurry University.

EDIT: Although... "Karl Scott drawing a $525,000 deal in 2019-2020, up approximately $175,000 from last year’s salary ($350,000)." 

Link: https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/2019/03/20/alabama-assistants-earn-new-deals-totaling-7-5-million-2019/3224595002/

I would be game for him.  That Bama/Saban air produces winners.

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

We cant afford him.

Bowen making $350,000 let’s say an OC would make $250 ,000 Seth keeps the OC job that would give us $600k to play with. I do think we will have to do a 2 yr contract. Most  these guys want to move from position coach to DC and maybe be closer to home in this case. GMG 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

5 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Bowen making $350,000 let’s say an OC would make $250 ,000 Seth keeps the OC job that would give us $600k to play with. I do think we will have to do a 2 yr contract. Most  these guys want to move from position coach to DC and maybe be closer to home in this case. GMG 

I’m sure I will get downvoted 😂. but a position coach job at Bama/ Ohio state > NT DC 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

This amount of time is becoming extremely concerning to me.  So many programs have secured their new head coaches and some of them have already completely filled their staff.  Why is this taking so long? Why is it that Boise State loses their HC after we let go of our own DC and they already have a new HC and he is in the process of getting his staff together today.  Should we read this as not a good sign?!

4 minutes ago, Travis said:

This amount of time is becoming extremely concerning to me.  So many programs have secured their new head coaches and some of them have already completely filled their staff.  Why is this taking so long? Why is it that Boise State loses their HC after we let go of our own DC and they already have a new HC and he is in the process of getting his staff together today.  Should we read this as not a good sign?!

Makes you you wonder. I am hoping we are not down the the 4th or 5th choice. Hope we are pleasantly surprised

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Travis said:

It took a while for the bowen hire as well. Seth sense of urgency is about like his clock management. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1