Wilson, Guyton light up NFL

https://247sports.com/college/north-texas/Article/Jeff-Wilson-Jalen-Guyton-Light-up-NFL-pave-way-for-Mean-Green-stars-158645319/?fbclid=IwAR0hTSq_UYkHwL77tg7oXn4hwSvtztA8PC4ghYoICnBVMsxH5Kv5_E0sI2w

"Guyton and Wilson have emerged as legitimate weapons for their respective teams, giving Mean Green fans something to watch for on Sundays."

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I wouldn't say Guyton is lighting up the NFL. He'll have to improve to keep his spot. 

28 receptions (55 targets) for 511 yards and 3 TD's.  I am not sure what the average catches/yardage/TD's is for NFL #3 WR's, but I would think it would be better than this.  I really want him to succeed, but I agree that he will have to improve to keep his spot.  By comparison, Michael Gallup of the Cowboys had 59 receptions for 843 yards and 5 TD's.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

28 receptions (55 targets) for 511 yards and 3 TD's.  I am not sure what the average catches/yardage/TD's is for NFL #3 WR's, but I would think it would be better than this.  I really want him to succeed, but I agree that he will have to improve to keep his spot.  By comparison, Michael Gallup of the Cowboys had 59 receptions for 843 yards and 5 TD's.

No disagreement, but I think these numbers are a little misleading. 

Gallup  -  59 R / 105 T - 56% completion

Guyton - 28 R / 55 T -  51% completion  -- If Guyton had the same targets he statistically would have had 53-54 catches and close to 1,000 yards

• Upvote 1

Guyton is their speedster that is mainly used to run the deep routes to open up space for guys like Mike Williams. He's mainly used as a decoy though he does get some targets. While he isn't going to "light up" the NFL with the amount of targets he gets, I've seen him drop a few wide open passes that would have been massive gains or TDs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

No disagreement, but I think these numbers are a little misleading. 

Gallup  -  59 R / 105 T - 56% completion

Guyton - 28 R / 55 T -  51% completion  -- If Guyton had the same targets he statistically would have had 53-54 catches and close to 1,000 yards

I would agree but:

21 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Guyton is their speedster that is mainly used to run the deep routes to open up space for guys like Mike Williams. He's mainly used as a decoy though he does get some targets. While he isn't going to "light up" the NFL with the amount of targets he gets, I've seen him drop a few wide open passes that would have been massive gains or TDs.

Which is why his targets are low.

• Upvote 1

One of the "only at UNT" moments

We are always complaining how we have no players drafted or how we can't believe X or Y did not get a chance. Then Guyton makes it and here we are with conversations that he's not really that good. 

We need to celebrate every UNT player who make it to the next level. Plaster their images everywhere and let people know you can go to UNT and make it to the next level. It's a start!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

One of the "only at UNT" moments

We are always complaining how we have no players drafted or how we can't believe X or Y did not get a chance. Then Guyton makes it and here we are with conversations that he's not really that good. 

We need to celebrate every UNT player who make it to the next level. Plaster their images everywhere and let people know you can go to UNT and make it to the next level. It's a start!

I agree and am not trying to demean Guyton.  I am a huge fan and followed the Chargers for the first time in my life this year because of him, but he has to work on his route running and hands or the NFL will stand for something else.  

• Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree and am not trying to demean Guyton.  I am a huge fan and followed the Chargers for the first time in my life this year because of him, but he has to work on his route running and hands or the NFL will stand for something else.  

Not pointing out you, or any one person... just seems we (myself included) sometimes have the "let's not let things seem too good" syndrom 😇😈

Just now, El Paso Eagle said:

Not pointing out you, or any one person... just seems we (myself included) sometimes have the "let's not let things seem too good" syndrom 😇😈

I hear you.  I wish they could all have HOF careers.

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

They also need to work him in to their short game. It will be interesting to see who they bring in as a HC and the staff he brings in. Hell, who know, maybe the next HC brings GH in as the OC

• Haha 1