Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

DRC: Five burning questions for UNT heading into the offseason


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Do we know our out of conference schedule for 2021?

 

Northwestern State Demons Football Schedule
 
SATURDAY, SEP 4

Northwestern State

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

  
 
SMU Mustangs Football Schedule
 
SATURDAY, SEP 11

at  SMU

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

  
 
Missouri Tigers Football Schedule
 
SATURDAY, OCT 9

at  Missouri

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

  
 
Liberty Flames Football Schedule
 
SATURDAY, OCT 23

Liberty

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2021/team/north-texas
 

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

 

Northwestern State Demons Football Schedule
 
SATURDAY, SEP 4

Northwestern State

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

  
 
SMU Mustangs Football Schedule
 
SATURDAY, SEP 11

at  SMU

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

  
 
Missouri Tigers Football Schedule
 
SATURDAY, OCT 9

at  Missouri

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

  
 
Liberty Flames Football Schedule
 
SATURDAY, OCT 23

Liberty

Time TBA ET | TV TBA

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2021/team/north-texas
 

Looking forward to starting the season off 1-3

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Don’t forget about Gilmore at QB. I would expect him to be at least close to a similar level as Bean and Aune.

Doubtful.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Yeah, I keep hearing Gilmore is not the guy. There's a reason Kentucky put a receiver in at QB before him. 

 

26 minutes ago, GreenGang45 said:

Word on the street is he is not the player we were hoping he would be. 

Brune and Mitchell said he looked pretty good in practices and they think he’ll be around as good as them. I don’t think that Kentucky argument is a good enough evaluation on him. He was a redshirting true freshman and they went with getting the ball in the hands of a legit NFL talent. I don’t care if he wasn’t good enough to be an SEC QB as a true freshman. Two years of developing, can he be an adequate CUSA QB? 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Could Gilmore possibly play another position if QB does not work out for him here?

Or Bean for that matter.

He's not gonna have Darden to zero in on every play next season

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

 

Brune and Mitchell said he looked pretty good in practices and they think he’ll be around as good as them. I don’t think that Kentucky argument is a good enough evaluation on him. He was a redshirting true freshman and they went with getting the ball in the hands of a legit NFL talent. I don’t care if he wasn’t good enough to be an SEC QB as a true freshman. Two years of developing, can he be an adequate CUSA QB? 

I have heard from sources that this isn't true.  Guess time will tell.   Who is the NFL talent that he was stuck behind?

Don't get me wrong.  I hope they are all great, including Gilmore.  Just passing along what I have heard.

Edited by UNTLifer
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wii be shocked if Gilmore is not the starter. 247, 2019, ranked 42 pro style qb. Picked Kentucky over Tennessee. "He is a gym rat , loves to lift, loves to work out." Per his HS coach. GMG

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Something tells me we might start the season off 1-3 regardless

Lol maybe so. Hopefully not, because with the current state of this conference that could lead to a very ugly season.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I have heard from sources that this isn't true.  Guess time will tell.   Who is the NFL talent that he was stuck behind?

Don't get me wrong.  I hope they are all great, including Gilmore.  Just passing along what I have heard.

Who is your source? 

The NFL talent was Lynn Bowden. They were 6-2 with him at QB running for 171 yards/game, so it wasn’t like any QB with a pulse should’ve been playing over him.

I don’t expect Gilmore to come in and win it, but I would think he would be good enough to at least nudge his nose into the race, more than Martin. If not, no worries as I think Drummond is our guy long term anyways.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Who is your source? 

The NFL talent was Lynn Bowden. They were 6-2 with him at QB running for 171 yards/game, so it wasn’t like any QB with a pulse should’ve been playing over him.

I don’t expect Gilmore to come in and win it, but I would think he would be good enough to at least nudge his nose into the race, more than Martin. If not, no worries as I think Drummond is our guy long term anyways.

I’m hearing Gilmore is kinda josh greer-ish 🥴

  • Sad 3
  • RV 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Who is your source? 

The NFL talent was Lynn Bowden. They were 6-2 with him at QB running for 171 yards/game, so it wasn’t like any QB with a pulse should’ve been playing over him.

I don’t expect Gilmore to come in and win it, but I would think he would be good enough to at least nudge his nose into the race, more than Martin. If not, no worries as I think Drummond is our guy long term anyways.

Not in a position to reveal as I was told this in confidence.

Lynn Bowden threw like 70 passes that year and was a converted wide receiver.  He did play QB in high school but was listed as an Athlete by recruiting services.  When you are highly touted, a converted WR should not be jumping in front of you.  Look, I hope he breaks every record at North Texas, but I will be surprised if that happens.

If Drummond starts before his RS Soph year I will be shocked.  No knock on the young man, but I just think it is a huge jump from Pawhuska to D1.  I also think the our history with Fine has people thinking this will be a common occurence.  

I don't care who starts as long as it is the best person for the job and they were all given a fair shake.  I just want to win.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GreenGang45 said:

I’m hearing Gilmore is kinda josh greer-ish 🥴

Yikes. I played Greer in high school and couldn’t believe he had won the starting job. Thought maybe something major had changed. It hadn’t.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Not in a position to reveal as I was told this in confidence.

Lynn Bowden threw like 70 passes that year and was a converted wide receiver.  He did play QB in high school but was listed in as an Athlete by recruiting services.  When you are highly touted, a converted WR should not be jumping in front of you.  Look, I hope he breaks every record at North Texas, but I will be surprised if that happens.

If Drummond starts before his RS Soph year I will be shocked.  No knock on the young man, but I just think it is a huge jump from Pawhuska to D1.  I also think the our history with Fine has people thinking this will be a common occurence.  

I’m sorry man, it was a joke. I know you’re not supposed to give sources, but you like to ask other people so I was just poking a little light-hearted fun.

Yeah I’m fine with Aune and Bean for another year, then if they still are completing 55% of their passes, give Drummond a chance. Also fine with Drummond taking over when he’s a redshirt junior. Anything Gilmore gives us is just a bonus IMO, but I don’t expect him to be completely hapless. Guess it looks like he might be, but at least we’re not too reliant in him.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I’m sorry man, it was a joke. I know you’re not supposed to give sources, but you like to ask other people so I was just poking a little light-hearted fun.

Yeah I’m fine with Aune and Bean for another year, then if they still are completing 55% of their passes, give Drummond a chance. Also fine with Drummond taking over when he’s a redshirt junior. Anything Gilmore gives us is just a bonus IMO, but I don’t expect him to be completely hapless. Guess it looks like he might be, but at least we’re not too reliant in him.

I am still befuddled (thought this sounded good) on why Seth cannot attract a higher level QB through the portal or recruiting. He has shown that his offensive system can put up numbers and also a willingness to leave the QB in to be able to put up good numbers. Surprised we can't get a top talent FCS player, a good P5 who plays behind a "star", or another G5 who is at a school where they don't pass enough. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.