Ranking the Bowl Games

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ranking-all-25-college-football-bowl-games-for-2020-21-from-worst-to-best-peach-thrills-cotton-disappoints/

I think we all know which came in last . . .

25. Myrtle Beach Bowl

Appalachian State 56, North Texas 28: I had the Myrtle Beach Bowl as the lowest-ranked bowl in my pre-bowl rankings, and it managed to live up to the hype. My biggest fear for the game was that North Texas had an awful run defense, and it was going against an Appalachian State offense that had run the ball effectively all season long. So how did things go?

Well, Appalachian State rushed for 500 yards as a team, averaging a ridiculous 12.8 yards per carry. Camerun Peoples alone (which would make him Cameron People?) rushed for 317 yards and five touchdowns. He was one of two 100-yard rushers for the Mountaineers in the game, as the other was Marcus Williams Jr. He ran for 101 yards and only needed six carries to get there. The best summary of this game is that, after Williams broke off a 70-yard touchdown to make it 28-7, App State late in the first half, North Texas responded with a quick touchdown drive to make it 28-14 with 27 seconds left in the first half. You were allowed to think the Mean Green might make a game of it for 16 seconds because on the very first play of App State's ensuing possession, Peoples broke free for a 64-yard touchdown.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

NT was not a good team, but even in normal years; a lot of sub-par teams get a bowl.  

In the virus year, NT  barely did enough to get a bowl.  They got offered a spot and were wise to accept it, although they were big underdogs. 

I will be glad when things get to normal, which looks like won't be for some time.  This extra year of eligibility is going to greatly affect next year and probably a couple of more. 

As fans, we have to guess who is going to play at NT, transfer, or move on to the real world. 

Every year at least after WWII; it was easy to predict next year's lineups.   Sure teams lost and gained players that were not anticipated, but predictions would generally be close.  

I expect a lot of turnovers, both coming and going.