DRC: UNT backup kicker enters transfer portal

Brett Vito

He can do that. Is this the moment to mention that a lot of kids who go into the transfer portal do not really get FBS scholarships at other schools? A lot of attention is paid to the top players who use it, but not enough is talked about those for whom it does preciously little.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

7 hours ago, outoftown said:

He can do that. Is this the moment to mention that a lot of kids who go into the transfer portal do not really get FBS scholarships at other schools? A lot of attention is paid to the top players who use it, but not enough is talked about those for whom it does preciously little.

Basically the transfer portal allows them to be in contact with other schools. They can still stay with their current school but once they declare the current school is actually no longer required to continue any type of support however it does seem most allow them to complete the current semester.

• 6 months later...

I had to really look closely to see what “Sam” football was.  My first thought was Sam Houston in Huntsville.  Turns out it is Sanford in (Sweet ) Homewood, Alabama.  

It seems to me that North Texas has had very good luck with kickers.  Chuck Mills was responsible for being in many, I understand.  The last several years we have had great luck with FG and PAT.  I hope that continues.  

38 minutes ago, Charlie NT 73 said:

Sanford is right in the center of downtown B’ham and in the shadow of UAB.

Very good school and a good landing spot for Zac. 

Sanford was with Lamont, Grady, and Esther, and has now gone to be with Elizabeth after the 'big one'.

Samford is in Birmingham.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2