Umoja Gibson

Cooley

Ball-handling/dribble was questionable at times, IMO, and maybe not good enough to be a starter in Grant's eyes (for 2021)

I don't remember why he left, but maybe Coach Grant was ready to push him further down the rotation and Mo didn't want to be in Denton for that.

He's averaging 9.9/game right now in Norman.  Happy for him.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, greenminer said:

Ball-handling/dribble was questionable at times, IMO, and maybe not good enough to be a starter in Grant's eyes (for 2021)

I don't remember why he left, but maybe Coach Grant was ready to push him further down the rotation and Mo didn't want to be in Denton for that.

He left because he wanted to be the point guard and Grant felt Hamlet was a better fit there. He said he needed to play PG to get him ready for the NBA. Is he playing any point at OU? The Harmon kid from Guyer was starting point guard for them.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

In today's ease of transferring it will only get harder for mid majors to keep good players. The "higher" conferences and teams are constantly poaching them. If anyone believes there is not a lot of recruiting of players currently enrolled and on scholarship.......

Absolutely true, Gibson got his OU ship last year when NT played them.  

These no penalty transfers will just escalate the gap between the name teams vs everyone else.  

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, Cooley said:

Fitting in nicely at OU. Hit eight 3’s and 29 points Saturday; in their win against W Virginia. Could have really helped a struggling UNT offense this year. 

Coach doesn’t know what he wants... celery good players isn’t in the list haha. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

On 1/4/2021 at 1:08 PM, greenminer said:

He also continuously bricked up 3's that would kill the flow of our games. While here, he never shot more than 40% from 3. His one season at OU, he is shooting nearly 50% from 3. Glad the change of scenery helped him, but I would take Hamlet over him at PG any day. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

He also continuously bricked up 3's that would kill the flow of our games. While here, he never shot more than 40% from 3. His one season at OU, he is shooting nearly 50% from 3. Glad the change of scenery helped him, but I would take Hamlet over him at PG any day. 

My greater concern was his ball handling or lack thereof.  He seemed to always get his pocket picked when driving the lane.  I wish him well as long as we don't play against him.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

My greater concern was his ball handling or lack thereof.  He seemed to always get his pocket picked when driving the lane.  I wish him well as long as we don't play against him.

Our offense was not even close to the same when Mo was running point Without Javion.

He’s a great shooter, but not a great ball handler 

• Upvote 4

• 1 year later...

Surprise.. Surprise...Surprise.  

This young man has serious issues with loyalty and commitment.  It is all about him and always has been.  Can't be the point, transfer.  Not the point there either, transfer again.  Has selfishness written all over it.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 6

5 hours ago, UNT86 said:

This young man has serious issues with loyalty and commitment.  It is all about him and always has been.  Can't be the point, transfer.  Not the point there either, transfer again.  Has selfishness written all over it.

Dude, he graduated. No loyalty issues, just is looking to something new. 

Its a new world, he's taking advantage of it. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, UNT86 said:

Not wrong, but I think the psychology of this is a little more complicated than just ego.  At some point, it's about him not being good enough to play PG at the next level, and him not putting 2-and-2 together.

Strange thing is, if you want the NBA and all the $$ that comes with it, IMO you take the most obvious road there, right?

It reminds me of Tim Tebow insisting on playing QB in the NFL.  Not his role.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, meanJewGreen said:

Dude, he graduated. No loyalty issues, just is looking to something new. 

Its a new world, he's taking advantage of it. 

Yeah no…. It’s called not being loyal and able to play with the cards your dealt. All these kids transferring around without being able to grow where they were are going to have a hard time in life with a job or family or anything else that requires commitment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, Andrew said:

Yeah no…. It’s called not being loyal and able to play with the cards your dealt. All these kids transferring around without being able to grow where they were are going to have a hard time in life with a job or family or anything else that requires commitment. 

So by your comments one can logically assume that you are married to your first girlfriend and still work at the first place that offered you a job?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Ray 1
  • Oh Boy! 2

2 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

So by your comments one can logically assume that you are married to your first girlfriend and still work at the first place that offered you a job?

Haha, I like that but it is probably fairer to demand he still be with his first wife and post-college job.

13 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

🧐

I am married to my first wife with whom I made a commitment at the alter and I still work in the same building that I signed an actual work contract with benefits etc… yes. 

Maybe I will change jobs but I felt guilty for looking once. Don’t want them to leave them hanging. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1