TuneIn app

EagleD

Anyone else have issues listening to games on the tunein app?  I can hear women’s basketball just fine but when MBB rolls around the feed goes silent. Everything else plays fine (normal jazz programming). I understand Learfield/IMG don’t let KNTU stream on their website. It seems TuneIn is using that feed. 
I’ve been round and around with KNTU. They say it’s on my end. I’ve asked a few other people with different providers in different cities and they all have the same issue. 
Anyone else?

The arrangement with Learfield, I forget the exact language, but it means this:

1) You can’t look for KNTU/88.1. That feed (via internet) is blacked out.  FM radio works.  I know, weird.

2) You can find it on TuneIn by doing a search for “Mean Green”.  You will find a Mean Green-Learfield specific stream, but it is sometimes not the MGRN.

Here is tonight’s game: https://tunein.com/radio/North-Texas-Basketball-s308176/

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

One thing I’m starting to wrap my mind around is that internet feeds are global.  This is a given, we’ve known this forever, but it recently dawned on me that it’s probably a big deal that providers can cater ads to your region.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this plays a big part in why internet feeds - even if sourced from the same broadcast as FM/AM radio - don’t follow the same rules.

6 minutes ago, greenminer said:

1) You can’t look for KNTU/88.1. That feed (via internet) is blacked out.  FM radio works.  I know, weird.

2) You can find it on TuneIn by doing a search for “Mean Green”.  You will find a Mean Green-Learfield specific stream, but it is sometimes not the MGRN.

Here is tonight’s game: https://tunein.com/radio/North-Texas-Basketball-s308176/

Thank you soooooo much. It’s weird that I can get the WBB feed searching KNTU. You sir are the shiznit!

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

One thing I’m starting to wrap my mind around is that internet feeds are global.  This is a given, we’ve known this forever, but it recently dawned on me that it’s probably a big deal that providers can cater ads to your region.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this plays a big part in why internet feeds - even if sourced from the same broadcast as FM/AM radio - don’t follow the same rules.

I think the streaming change has to do with the fact that Learfield IMG College signed an agreement to have TuneIn be their exclusive streaming partner.

On 1/2/2021 at 8:23 PM, greenminer said:

Good to know.  I haven't used TuneIn for BB games, but I had the same issues as @EagleD during football season.