DC Search Update

TheReal_jayD

32 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

More Speculation: I heard from a friend who heard from a friend that Seth is working on another short yardage running play right up the middle after the running plays on third and fourth down fail. He is being proactive if a fifth down is ever implemented.

It's 3rd and 12 and we need to get a first down to win the game! What should we do?

Seth Littrell - I have the perfect play

The play:

Run Plays - Browse Plays | MaddenFocus.com

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Just looking around at some potential DC's that I wouldn't mind seeing us go after.  Please note, I have zero insight into the program regarding this hire, so all of these are just people I looked up.

These three are all DC's that led some of the best defenses at the FCS level and may be looking to move up.  They have impressive coaching backgrounds.

https://gomocs.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/lorenzo-ward/970

https://jsugamecocksports.com/staff-directory/kelvin-sigler/231#:~:text=Kelvin Sigler is entering his,from multiple levels with him.

https://acusports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/clint-brown/948

Position coaches that may be looking to move up

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/tray-scott/2770

Might be out of our price range, but Warren, Hall and Bates are intriguing and might jump at the chance to run their own defense.

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/charlton-warren/2795

https://clemsontigers.com/coaches/lemanski-hall/

https://clemsontigers.com/coaches/todd-bates/

Someone mentioned Fitch earlier.  Have no idea what he makes at TCU and might be a tough pull from his alma mater.

https://gofrogs.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/zarnell-fitch/764

My other thought, and probably the most unpopular with this board, would be to elevate either Ekeler or Hall.  I am probably a bigger fan of elevating Hall as he was a successful DC at Memphis under Justion Fuentes, and the Memphis defenses were much worse after he left.

I'm lost as to who Hall is.  The only Hall that I know that used to coach under Fuente is now the head coach at Southern Miss.  We have no Hall on our staff that I can find.  I'd be OK with Ekeler if push came to shove.  He was CoDC when he was here last and at least he puts fire in the belly of his players and maybe he'd have done better if he'd had it alone.  But, this is a make or break year for Seth and he needs complete confidence in his hire.

• Upvote 2

It’s interesting.

I’ve seen several on this board say that Seth runs it up the middle predictably, and

I’ve seen several on this board say that CUSA is easily the weakest conference in America.

Sounds to me like Darrell Dickey did far more under the similar (though we all know FAR less well-funded) circumstances.  

Just sayin’ 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 7

19 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

It’s interesting.

I’ve seen several on this board say that Seth runs it up the middle predictably, and

I’ve seen several on this board say that CUSA is easily the weakest conference in America.

Sounds to me like Darrell Dickey did far more under the similar (though we all know FAR less well-funded) circumstances.  

Just sayin’ 

Dickey for sure put together a team that was able to win the SBC. Would have been interesting to see how he might evolved as the conference got stronger. Who knows what might have happened with a better AD.

As for DD, and no disrespect, what is his actual role at A&M? I know, it's OC, but people I know that follow the program say that Fisher controls the offense and he is the one working with the QB's. 

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1

5 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Truth is... none of us have any idea what is going on and all the doom and gloom is pure speculation.

Right now, no news is bad news.

ULM is making somewhat splashy hires with Bowden and Rodreguez.

LA Tech just landed three SEC defensive back transfers.

https://twitter.com/brettvito/status/1349460615023251465

And, SMU has added an OU TE to go with their OU QB.

https://twitter.com/brettvito/status/1349454986497961992

Like I stated before... while recruiting is improving we are continuing to struggle against the better G5 programs. These kinds of moves will show up on the field next season. Littrell needed a home run DC hire. Now, as other programs continue to put the pieces in place for improvement, Littrell really needs a grand slam at the DC position. We need someone soon that can persuade a few high caliber immediate impact players to transfer or sign with UNT. If thing don't start falling into place soon, we will be facing another losing season before we ever even get to fall camp.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 3

5 minutes ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

Right now, no news is bad news.

ULM is making somewhat splashy hires with Bowden and Rodreguez.

LA Tech just landed three SEC defensive back transfers.

https://twitter.com/brettvito/status/1349460615023251465

And, SMU has added an OU TE to go with their OU QB.

https://twitter.com/brettvito/status/1349454986497961992

Like I stated before... while recruiting is improving we are continuing to struggle against the better G5 programs. These kinds of moves will show up on the field next season. Littrell needed a home run DC hire. Now, as other programs continue to put the pieces in place for improvement, Littrell really needs a grand slam at the DC position. We need someone soon that can persuade a few high caliber immediate impact players to transfer or sign with UNT. If thing don't start falling into place soon, we will be facing another losing season before we ever even get to fall camp.

That losing season is booked. No refunds. SL being officially fired is just a formality at this point. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

Bob Stoops

••• Celebrity Networth has Stoops networth at $18,000,000 (so he doesn’t need the money, but probably likes the challenge of helping his friend & fellow OU’er Seth Littrell.
•••Stoops played at Iowa during Hayden Fry’s first 4 years as the Hawkeyes HFC.

••• This is a pipe dream hire, of course, but dreaming big is more fun than dreaming small.

🦅❇️🦅 GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

The erosion of your confidence in Seth is damning.  Always respect your takes and I’m right there with you.  😔

No one was a bigger Seth homer than me. I hope he would win and move on. But that doesn’t look like an option. No coach in UNT has had more resources than Seth has had. We had the worst defense in the country. And we have brought in 1 juco defensive player so far...ONE... La Tech has had 3 SEC defensive backs commit this freaking week... and we wonder why we can’t beat them..

Seth lake of urgency is why we are here. To many bad recruiting classes before he realized.. no priority has been placed on transfers..stayed with Langston to long.. stayed with reff to long.. followed by a dumb hire in Clint. Now the writing is on the wall his ass is about to get canned.. and we are just strolling our way down the buddies who are DC list.. the ship is sinking.. hope I’m wrong.. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Bob Stoops

••• Celebrity Networth has Stoops networth at $18,000,000 (so he doesn’t need the money, but probably likes the challenge of helping his friend & fellow OU’er Seth Littrell.
•••Stoops played at Iowa during Hayden Fry’s first 4 years as the Hawkeyes HFC.

••• This is a pipe dream hire, of course, but dreaming big is more fun than dreaming small.

🦅❇️🦅 GMG!

One of the stoops brothers has already turned us down... might as well try the rest of the family. Do they have a sister? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

No one was a bigger Seth homer than me. I hope he would win and move on. But that doesn’t look like an option. No coach in UNT has had more resources than Seth has had. We had the worst defense in the country. And we have brought in 1 juco defensive player so far...ONE... La Tech has had 3 SEC defensive backs commit this freaking week... and we wonder why we can’t beat them..

Seth lake of urgency is why we are here. To many bad recruiting classes before he realized.. no priority has been placed on transfers..stayed with Langston to long.. stayed with reff to long.. followed by a dumb hire in Clint. Now the writing is on the wall his ass is about to get canned.. and we are just strolling our way down the buddies who are DC list.. the ship is sinking.. hope I’m wrong.. 

I've been saying these things since before last season. I'm glad others around here are seeing this too.

Do you have a time frame for Littrell's dismissal?

• Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Right there with you, but be prepared to get down voted into oblivion by all of the Littrell homers here. Already deep into the offseason and most of the Defensive coordinators on the market have been snatched up, we have made hardly any moves in the transfer portal while our conference mates continue to snatch up talent and pass us by, and there doesn't seem to be any urgency. At this point, I'm completely prepared to underwhelmed by the hire. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

43 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

The longer this goes, the more I'm down to eat the contract and just fire Seth.  His urgency is the biggest slap in the face to the fans,  school, and administration.  

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 2