DC Search Update

TheReal_jayD

3 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

4 Things I was hoping the new DC would have.

1. DC experience

2. Success at FBS level as a DC

3. TXHSFB ties

4. Shown an ability to make adjustments.

I am hearing and I have confirmed with multiple sources Seth has singled in on his top target. He has already met with the candidate. The target checks all 4 boxes on my wish list. Sounds like this will come down to can we out bid his current employers.

#3 is not as big a concern since we don't compete in recruiting the top players. Would it be nice? Yes, but not necessary. I would hope that they have experience recruiting the 4 states of Texas, OK, LA, AR. 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

5 Things I was hoping the new DC would have.

1. DC experience

3. TXHSFB ties

5. Head Coaching experience

I am hearing and I have confirmed with multiple sources Seth has singled in on his top target. He has already met with the candidate. The target checks all 4 boxes on my wish list. Sounds like this will come down to can we out bid his current employers.

Which 4 of the 5 do they check?

• Haha 4

Look at the film for his position players, or the full D if he is a coordinator -

1. Are the players in place to make plays (do they know their assignments) and play until the whistle blows?
  2. Do they tackle well or are they more concerned with trying to strip the ball and allow more YAC?
  3. Are they disciplined?
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

1. DC experience

3. TXHSFB ties

I am hearing and I have confirmed with multiple sources Seth has singled in on his top target. He has already met with the candidate. The target checks all 5 boxes on my wish list. Sounds like this will come down to can we out bid his current employers.

Sounds like Mike Stoops or Brad Lambert to me.

1. DC experience

3. TXHSFB ties

I am hearing and I have confirmed with multiple sources Seth has singled in on his top target. He has already met with the candidate. The target checks all 5 boxes on my wish list. Sounds like this will come down to can we out bid his current employers.

Who else do you see besides Stoops? Thanks

1. DC experience

These three are huge in my opinion, calling plays, scheming against FBS talent and understanding the demands and expectations of a HC, if success follows those three then the other two are proverbial "cherry's on top", if they have a plan in place that fits with the vision (recruits, talent, and scheme) then it sounds like a win-win.  A "win-win" should really be appreciated by the fan base/alumni at North Texas, we're not a P5 school but we are a G5 with high expectations (appropriately so) so there will always be a factor here or there that may limit us as far as talent that you can attract; anything or situation that may mitigate that and attract the talent, be it on the field or on the staff, is indeed a win-win!

2 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

1. DC experience

3. TXHSFB ties

I like all of these points, and hope it works out for us. Thanks for sharing.

• Upvote 1