UT Fires Herman

UNTLifer

Herman was only at Texas for 4 season. In that time he went 54-22 with 4 bowl wins... and it wasn't good enough to keep his job. Plus, it will cost Texas $24 million to push him out the door. I love their commitment to high standards. But, I agree. Sarkisian isn't going to get them Big12 championships, and certainly not playoff appearances. They should poach Matt Campbell from Iowa State.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

This reminds me of Auburn's recent firing/hiring.  Paying a ton of money to fire a coach who has done a decent job to hire someone else who could easily be a downgrade.

They haven't hired him yet. If I were a Texas fan, I'd hope they look around more. I agree Sark is a lateral move at best. No reason to throw away $24 million just to have a new guy of equal or even lesser quality.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

In cases like this where a school chooses to fire a coach after signing day I believe they should get the players the option if they choose to back out of that commitment

I don’t disagree. But where do you draw the line? Would you do that for schools that wait until after signing day to fire a DC too?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Congratulations Steve Sarkisian.  You are now another in a long line of Texas coaches to be paid top dollar, given an almost unlimited budget...and able to watch OU win conference titles while you enjoy unwarranted top 25 rankings and 7-9 win seasons.  

It's a Longhorn tradition!

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Congratulations Steve Sarkisian.  You are now another in a long line of Texas coaches to be paid top dollar, given an almost unlimited budget...and able to watch OU win conference titles while you enjoy unwarranted top 25 rankings and 7-9 win seasons.  

He’ll be fired in 5 years. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

After spending a few minutes on a couple of horn boards I have been reassured that their fans as the biggest and most arrogant assholes in football. They believe more than anyone they are somehow entitled to be an elite program. The main thing that makes me wish A&M well is how much it pisses off ut fans when they win. I will always take joy in their failures. Maybe they should replace hook'em with "were back". I guess if they keep saying "we're back" enough it will eventually happen/

It will be sad when ut is once again ranked a preseason top 10 program because they "are back"

• Upvote 1