NT fires DC Clint Bowen

5 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

Not getting into politics but texas has not shown any signs of the California lock down. Thats why the rose bowl is here this year.  

I gather Abbott is going to be very stubborn about no more lockdowns.  I would not let that be the deciding factor about whether or not to cancel.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, greenminer said:

On the contrary, I believe all the one-year contracts we handed out last year are evidence that candidates will accept possible one-and-done scenarios.

Aren’t most assistants signed to one year deals anyway?

7 hours ago, Wookies said:

Im kinda fearful of hiring a guy like this as our DC. He has 23 years in coaching and the pinnacle is that he finally became the DC at Chattanooga? There usually is a reason why long time assistants are long time assistants. Maybe I just have Tony Benford syndrome but I’d prefer a young, hungry, aggressive play caller or someone that has lead a dominant def at a lower level.

We need a Marcus Freeman type for this defensive rebuild.

I don't know what the best option for getting a quality DC is. Seths hires have been a mixed bag at best. Let's hope he catches lightning in a bottle I guess. This guy seems to check a lot of boxes, I'm not advocating for him  but maybe he's worth an interview if we're not disqualifying older candidates which we shouldn't.

https://gobearkats.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/clayton-carlin/770

Edited by ntmeangreen11

14 hours ago, greenminer said:

I said candidates could be hired, not whether or not they'd work out.

I am going for "working out". We are on our 3rd DC in 3 years, Littrell is in a "make or break " year, and I am afraid that combination will scare the most qualified candidates . As pointed out by another poster, the coaching community operates on a "buddy system" and Seth may be out of friends.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1