Morris Combo?

34 minutes ago, Okiefan said:

Kuehne is a gamer and one heck of a competitor. I would assume he is on special teams because he is tough and wants to play. Credit a QB that wants to strap it up and help anyway possible. 

Reminds me a lot of Cooper Jones in the way of a quarterback who just wants to get out there and play regardless of position. I think Kuehne is a much better quarterback but I like the drive of both of them.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MeanGreen1984 said:

Kuehne had a wild journey for sure.  He couldn’t ever win the job at little ole Liberty Christian because he was stuck behind Starkel and then Copeland (in the portal btw).  

His family decided to move him to Owasso so he could actually start.  Yes...he had to go from a mediocre large private school program to the top team in Oklahoma’s highest division to get on the field. 

As a sophomore at Liberty Will showed what is being discussed here by starting at safety all year and playing some WR after not being able to beat out Copeland (who would transfer to Argyle the following season meaning Kuehne would have had the starting job!). 

He wound up in the perfect situation with a lot of future college talent including his go to weapon Josh Proctor (Ohio State).  They went on a crazy run ending it by beating Jenks and Union back to back weeks to claim their first title since 1974. 

With Proctor and other talent graduated Owasso couldn’t repeat and fell to 7-5.  But Kuehne was still a bright spot.  Long road to eventually make it home to UNT.  

He’s a great kid from a great family and definitely one you’re happy to have in your room.  I don’t know that he is ever the guy you want starting but love having a QB in the room that’s hungry to get on the field however he can. 

Very nice. Seems some players put the team first and yet some still want to try and diminish their efforts

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 hours ago, MeanGreen1984 said:

Kuehne had a wild journey for sure.  He couldn’t ever win the job at little ole Liberty Christian because he was stuck behind Starkel and then Copeland (in the portal btw).  

His family decided to move him to Owasso so he could actually start.  Yes...he had to go from a mediocre large private school program to the top team in Oklahoma’s highest division to get on the field. 

As a sophomore at Liberty Will showed what is being discussed here by starting at safety all year and playing some WR after not being able to beat out Copeland (who would transfer to Argyle the following season meaning Kuehne would have had the starting job!). 

He wound up in the perfect situation with a lot of future college talent including his go to weapon Josh Proctor (Ohio State).  They went on a crazy run ending it by beating Jenks and Union back to back weeks to claim their first title since 1974. 

With Proctor and other talent graduated Owasso couldn’t repeat and fell to 7-5.  But Kuehne was still a bright spot.  Long road to eventually make it home to UNT.  

He’s a great kid from a great family and definitely one you’re happy to have in your room.  I don’t know that he is ever the guy you want starting but love having a QB in the room that’s hungry to get on the field however he can. 

Looks to me like he is a winner.  I hope the QB position battle is left wide open during the off season.