Morris Combo?

7 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Wrong... just not the only thing we need

Not wrong.  We just had two lead us to over 500 yards in offense per game.  With Aune/Bean, Martin, Kuehne, Gilmore and Drummond coming in that is six on scholarship.  Throw in the walk-on Thompson that was highly regarded, we don't need another QB in the room.  We need to settle on a starter from the group above.  Hell, I might even fathom a guess that Bean/Aune are not the top two in that QB room.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I bet Chad is waiting for an OC or QB coach job to open up at a P5. I can't imagine him coming here. Chandler on the other hand, I have no clue. He had 15 offers out of HS. The lowest rated schools were us, Colorado St, SMU, and Kansas. The others were all big P5 schools. His sister is here in the recruiting dept, so there's that.

Edited by jtm0097

28 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I bet Chad is waiting for an OC or QB coach job to open up at a P5. I can't imagine him coming here. Chandler on the other hand, I have no clue. He had 15 offers out of HS. The lowest rated schools were us, Colorado St, SMU, and Kansas. The others were all big P5 schools. His sister is here in the recruiting dept, so there's that.

We can be both here

• Eye Roll 1

My wish would be Grant  Tisdale out of Ole Miss and Allen HS , Chandler would also be sweet. I think Seth has a story to tell of success developing under sized QBs which could maybe be attractive to both of theses guys.

Edited by Wag Tag

Yes Chandler Morris would whoop all of our current QBs asses by a mile.

Yeah we need other things besides QB, but if this is just sitting right in front of us, why not go get it! Chandler is not gonna be starting a most P5 schools, so why not help a G5 that can rise and be great.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Not wrong.  We just had two lead us to over 500 yards in offense per game.  With Aune/Bean, Martin, Kuehne, Gilmore and Drummond coming in that is six on scholarship.  Throw in the walk-on Thompson that was highly regarded, we don't need another QB in the room.  We need to settle on a starter from the group above.  Hell, I might even fathom a guess that Bean/Aune are not the top two in that QB room.

That would be a realistic guess on your part. I hope that we have a spring practice/program so that I can go and get a look at all the candidates......and confirm your guess.

So much goes into how well a QB plays. Starting with the OL that gives them time to make good decisions.  Receivers who MUST run their routes consistently,  almost always catch the ball when it hits them in their hands, and make yards after catch. 

When you have a stable of receivers like Bussy, Lawrence, Darden etc, just about any moderately talented QB can look much better.

Edited by SilverEagle

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

That would be a realistic guess on your part. I hope that we have a spring practice/program so that I can go and get a look at all the candidates......and confirm your guess.

So much goes into how well a QB plays. Starting with the OL that gives them time to make good decisions.  Receivers who MUST run their routes consistently,  almost always catch the ball when it hits them in their hands, and make yards after catch. 

When you have a stable of receivers like Bussy, Lawrence, Darden etc, just about any moderately talented QB can look much better.

Yep, it is a team game and everyone must do their part. My one concern with Seth is that he seemed to lock in on Bean or Aune and never gave Martin or Kuehne a shot.  I want the best QB on the field. I watched our offense move the ball with ease at times against a good App State team while missing our top QB, top 2 WR’s and our leading rusher, although Adaway is probably better when healthy.  The talent is there, get the best on the field, develop a successful gameplan and make adjustments during the game to react to what the defense is doing. 

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Yep, it is a team game and everyone must do their part. My one concern with Seth is that he seemed to lock in on Bean or Aune and never gave Martin or Kuehne a shot.  I want the best QB on the field. I watched our offense move the ball with ease at times against a good App State team while missing our top QB, top 2 WR’s and our leading rusher, although Adaway is probably better when healthy.  The talent is there, get the best on the field, develop a successful gameplan and make adjustments during the game to react to what the defense is doing. 

Aune/Bean are way better than Martin/Keuhne. I would go on a limb to say that Keuhne is just on here because of his granddad

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

2 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Aune/Bean are way better than Martin/Keuhne. I would go on a limb to say that Keuhne is just on here because of his granddad

Based on what?  We haven’t even seen him in action. What I do know is that he lead his team to the OK state championship game in their highest classification and some are discounting him while thinking Drummond is going to walk in and start while coming from the smallest division in OK. Bean didn’t start his senior year in high school, not sure why, and Aune is old compared to the others in the room.  Either way, it would be good for all of them to get an entire Spring and Fall under their belt and let the competition determine the starter. 

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Based on what?  We haven’t even seen him in action. What I do know is that he lead his team to the OK state championship game in their highest classification and some are discounting him while thinking Drummond is going to walk in and start while coming from the smallest division in OK. Bean didn’t start his senior year in high school, not sure why, and Aune is old compared to the others in the room.  Either way, it would be good for all of them to get an entire Spring and Fall under their belt and let the competition determine the starter. 

Well clearly he hasn't proved anything considering he's on special teams. We have no clue really what goes on during practices, but I agree on the last part. Spring should be telling for the QBs and who can step up. Hopefully they let people in for spring scrimmages and stuff.

• Downvote 1