Mason Fine to Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL)

BillySee58

• BillySee58 changed the title to Mason Fine to Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL)

Hurray !!!

I wouldn’t walk across the street to  see an NFL game but I’ll be in front of the TV when Saskatchewan takes the field.  In the footsteps of Jordan Case.  Good luck Mason. !!!

PS...

There is a great article about Mason on the Saskatchewan web site.  It mentions North Texas several times.  

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Venson said:

Warren Moon came out of college undrafted and went to Canada for 6 seasons. Then became a hall of famer in the NFL. Maybe the NFL will see what Fine can do since they take all these garbage QBs on their roster because of height. I'm looking at my Steelers with Rudolph and Duck Hodges and don't get me started on how long we kept that scrub Landry Jones on the roster. I wish Mason the best.

Lol Warren Moon 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

https://www.riderville.com/2020/12/30/riders-sign-former-north-texas-qb-mason-fine/

RIDERS SIGN FORMER NORTH TEXAS QB MASON FINE 

The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed American quarterback Mason Fine to a three-year contract.  

Fine (5’11-190lbs) joins the Riders after a stellar collegiate career at North Texas University that has him sitting 28th all-time in passing yards in college football history and saw him shatter his school’s records in at least seven categories.

The 23-year-old started nine games as a true freshman in 2016 and never looked back, playing in 49 career games for the Mean Green. Over his four seasons, he completed 1,039 passes for 12,505 yards, 93 touchdowns and just 39 interceptions while rushing for an additional seven majors. He left North Texas as the school’s all-time leading passer (12,505 yards), first in passing touchdowns (93), first in passer efficiency (140.68), first in touchdowns (100), the record-holder in career completions (1,039) and career pass attempts (1,655) and with the most 300-yard passing games in school history (18). 

Fine was twice awarded the CUSA Offensive Player of the Year (2017, 2018), twice named first-team All-CUSA (2017, 2018), and in his senior year he was named the top college quarterback in Texas by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football, while also earning second-team All-CUSA honours. In addition, for his strong showing as a freshman QB, the Oklahoma native was named to the All-CUSA Freshman team in 2016. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Now we will have some summer football to watch. I hope he can make a play for some real time. 

Looking at their current QB it seems like his best shot will be as a backup, at least this year. Just great to see him getting a chance. They signed him to a 3-year deal (not actually what that means in the CFL).

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1