🦅❇️🦅UNT Climbing in Recruiting Rankings! Hot Damn!

PlummMeanGreen

2 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Geez I let you go through the roster and figure who has developed. Can’t think of the last time we had an All American , 7 players in the NFL and a qb in the CFL. It is obvious Seth can coach offense and recruit. If we can established an average D we will be winning games. GMG 

Who are the 7 NFL players that Seth recruited?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Yeah he had maybe 1-2 of the active NFL players. Guyton and Hamilton?

Now, hopefully, JD.

Look at Seth's draft history as an OC he has continually developed draft picks at Indiana, Arizona and NC. With Foles and Gronk being big names.Brooks, Hall, Hamilton, Guyton and Wilson all have played under Seth. You also have Mason signed by the CFL. Darden I believe is only the 2nd ALL American to come out of UNT. This doesn't include all C-USA players with Mason being Offensive MVP for 2 seasons. He has hired a new OC, QBC, and DC in the last 2 years. He knows his record and he is on the hot seat! If he didn't care would have maybe SIGNED the best recruiting class in our history. (remember Mc's last class and stating it was hard to recruit at UNT) We were top 10 in offensive stats for 2020 with average qb play. We  have one major glaring problem and that is DEFENSE! I guess because of that it makes everything else look like sh!t. Fix it or they will all be gone. GMG

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Look at Seth's draft history as an OC he has continually developed draft picks at Indiana, Arizona and NC. With Foles and Gronk being big names.Brooks, Hall, Hamilton, Guyton and Wilson all have played under Seth. You also have Mason signed by the CFL. Darden I believe is only the 2nd ALL American to come out of UNT. This doesn't include all C-USA players with Mason being Offensive MVP for 2 seasons. He has hired a new OC, QBC, and DC in the last 2 years. He knows his record and he is on the hot seat! If he didn't care would have maybe SIGNED the best recruiting class in our history. (remember Mc's last class and stating it was hard to recruit at UNT) We were top 10 in offensive stats for 2020 with average qb play. We  have one major glaring problem and that is DEFENSE! I guess because of that it makes everything else look like sh!t. Fix it or they will all be gone. GMG

A lot of those guys played under Seth, but Seth only recruited maybe 3-4 of them.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Geez I let you go through the roster and figure who has developed. Can’t think of the last time we had an All American , 7 players in the NFL and a qb in the CFL. It is obvious Seth can coach offense and recruit. If we can established an average D we will be winning games. GMG 

All the teams in CUSA have people in the NFL. They even get people drafted. Development should show on the field of play. We have trouble beating teams with a winning record and our performance in Bowl games is abysmal. We have recruited higher ranked classes over the last couple of seasons than most of our CUSA foes and yet their players seem more developed than ours and that has shown on the field of play.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

13 hours ago, Venson said:

All the teams in CUSA have people in the NFL. They even get people drafted. Development should show on the field of play. We have trouble beating teams with a winning record and our performance in Bowl games is abysmal. We have recruited higher ranked classes over the last couple of seasons than most of our CUSA foes and yet their players seem more developed than ours and that has shown on the field of play.

3+ years ago several on GMG said we needed 3 strong recruiting classes in a row to start making headway in CUSA.  

Some will never like SL, but some of us want to see him do well because we’ve had coach replacements in the past that were worse than the ones we replaced; in fact, some may say we perfected the art of doing that in Denton.  

Recruiting seems to have never focused on Defense.  We’ve had bad luck with DL JUCO signees who never made it to campus for whatever reason.

Whoever we hire on the defensive side in the future needs to be able to coach, but for UNT he really needs to be able to recruit.  

🦅❇️🦅

Below are UNT alum (now UT football & basketball broadcaster) Craig Way with his UNT Sports Broadcasting professor one Bill Mercer. I took this pic at a 1985 Homecoming game

EF33C621-0647-496E-ADBE-BC26732C0CCD.jpeg.3d3f5c867d0ee4b360ff0f8af76d6c84.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

I think next year will be the year to determine if Seth has it to succeed here.  I that if we get a spring season and normal off-season that we may see a big improvement. I think his early success may have hampered our development.  I think this year was tough to implement and we know lots of our missing players weekly we’re on defense.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

On 12/31/2020 at 12:34 AM, UNTLifer said:

And what is we have a successful season next year?  I currently see a 1 win OCC, but what if we win the West and the conference championship?

Serious? Where do you see the wins that would give us the western division title?

Right now, @SMU, @Missouri, Liberty, @LA Tech, UAB, and UTSA all look like loses to me (maybe @Rice, @USM, & @UTEP too). I'm not saying I think we go winless in the west, just with none of our easier games at home, going winless in the western division next season is an actual possibility. Certainly more of a possibility than winning the division.

We have 5 seasons of data on Littrell's coaching. It is far more likely that Littrell leads the team to another losing season. Maybe next off season more fans will open their eyes and raise their expectations, instead of holding on to the failed belief that Seth will figure out how to beat a team with a winning record, learn how to use the transfer portal, and build a real defense.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, dml7007 said:

I think next year will be the year to determine if Seth has it to succeed here.  I that if we get a spring season and normal off-season that we may see a big improvement. I think his early success may have hampered our development.  I think this year was tough to implement and we know lots of our missing players weekly we’re on defense.  

Every coach faced these same issues. They were not exclusive to Littrell. UTSA was without their defensive coordinator for the second half of their season, but they still managed to develop that unit under a first year head coach and new DC (that was suspended). By the way they pounded us 49-17. UTSA had a more abnormal year than us, but still improved their program. Another year won't fix our problems. Fixing our issues starts with hiring a new head coach. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 3

On 12/31/2020 at 12:34 AM, UNTLifer said:

And what is we have a successful season next year?  I currently see a 1 win OCC, but what if we win the West and the conference championship?

Sure in Littrell's system they have put up yards. Aune threw for over 300 yards against UTEP, Charlotte, and Southern Miss. Three teams that finished their seasons with losing records. And, we only won the game against UTEP. Bean didn't post a 300 yard game this season, but he ran for some big yards. 

Looking at the yardage Littrell's high flying offenses post is misleading. Against any team with a pulse, it doesn't really get off the ground in the first half of games.

We put up over 500 yards against SMU, but most of those yards were gained in the second half of the game after SMU had put the game on ice. Remember the score was already 34-7 at halftime. Sure, Littrell's offense put up yards a scored in the second half, but the game was already over by that time. 

Against UTSA, his offense never got off the ground. We were down 28-7 at halftime, before going on to lose by a score of 49-17. And, most of our 401 yards of offense came in the second half.

Seth's offense posted 479 yards against Charlotte, but only put 21 points in our loss. Charlotte, a team that only won 2 games this past season. And again, most of our points and yardage occurred in the second half of the game once we were already beat. Remember, we were already down 28-7 early in the 3rd quarter. 

We showed some fight against LA Tech, but Littrell's system only posted 386 yards in that game. Not enough to win against a winning program.

In our bowl game we were down 35-14 by halftime and Ap State was cruising to an easy bowl win. Again the majority of our 497 yards of offense and half of our points were gained in the second half of a blowout loss. 

The data clearly proves that Littrell's offensive system isn't as effective as its national ranking would indicate. Our problems are bigger than just the defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

Serious? Where do you see the wins that would give us the western division title?

Right now, @SMU, @Missouri, Liberty, @LA Tech, UAB, and UTSA all look like loses to me (maybe @Rice, @USM, & @UTEP too). I'm not saying I think we go winless in the west, just with none of our easier games at home, going winless in the western division next season is an actual possibility. Certainly more of a possibility than winning the division.

We have 5 seasons of data on Littrell's coaching. It is far more likely that Littrell leads the team to another season. Maybe next off season more fans will open their eyes and raise their expectations, instead of holding on to the failed belief that Seth will figure out how to beat a team with a winning record, learn how to use the transfer portal, and build a real defense.

Hell yes I am serious. There isn’t a team in CUSA that we don’t have the talent to beat, period. We need the coaches to put them in the position to win. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, UNTLifer said:

Hell yes I am serious. There isn’t a team in CUSA that we don’t have the talent to beat, period. We need the coaches to put them in the position to win. 

Show me the wins on next season's schedule.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

SMU, Missouri and Liberty will be tough although we really have no idea what SMU will have next year. As, I clearly stated in my post above, there isn’t a team in CUSA that we can’t beat. Thought I was pretty clear. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

3+ years ago several on GMG said we needed 3 strong recruiting classes in a row to start making headway in CUSA.  

Some will never like SL, but some of us want to see him do well because we’ve had coach replacements in the past that were worse than the ones we replaced; in fact, some may say we perfected the art of doing that in Denton.  

Recruiting seems to have never focused on Defense.  We’ve had bad luck with DL JUCO signees who never made it to campus for whatever reason.

Whoever we hire on the defensive side in the future needs to be able to coach, but for UNT he really needs to be able to recruit.  

🦅❇️🦅

Below are UNT alum (now UT football & basketball broadcaster) Craig Way with his UNT Sports Broadcasting professor one Bill Mercer. I took this pic at a 1985 Homecoming game

EF33C621-0647-496E-ADBE-BC26732C0CCD.jpeg.3d3f5c867d0ee4b360ff0f8af76d6c84.jpeg

I am not against Seth Littrell. We need him to be successful here. We probably already have a reputation of being a career ender for coaches. We don't need that reputation. We need him to win. I know this is not the NFL, but I prefer the Pittsburgh Steelers model to coaching. The Steelers have only had three head coaches in the last 51 seasons. Call it what you will, but they allow their coaches to finally get their systems to work and it has resulted in 8 super bowl appearances and 6 super bowl titles. Teams like Dallas, Cleveland, etc have had more coaches in the last 10 years than Pittsburgh has had in 51 and look at their results. So I want Seth to win. I am just not seeing much, but I do want him to win.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

SMU, Missouri and Liberty will be tough although we really have no idea what SMU will have next year. As, I clearly stated in my post above, there isn’t a team in CUSA that we can’t beat. Thought I was pretty clear. 

Okay. Just curious... how many wins did you predict for this past season?

Get Your Rear on the Record review -- Who was right, who was wrong and who was a ridiculous homer in UNT preseason picks | Sports | dentonrc.com

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 minute ago, Side Show Joe said:

Don’t recall and am not paying to read an article from month’s ago. Honestly, predicting next year’s record right now is just plain stupid but it doesn’t change my statement that we are capable of beating anyone is CUSA. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

31 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Don’t recall and am not paying to read an article from month’s ago. Honestly, predicting next year’s record right now is just plain stupid but it doesn’t change my statement that we are capable of beating anyone is CUSA. 

Today is the first day of the Year, which means it is the first day of the month. You can read the article for free. I'd love to know how many wins you thought North Texas would have at the end of the 2020 season. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2