Bussey declares for draft

Marty

30 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

He'll always be remembered for his game winning catch for "the drive," but what was his best game statistically?

2019 Season opener vs ACU was his best yardage. 4-156 + 1 TD
2018 vs. Rice was his best yardage against FBS. 4-145 + 1 TD
2018 Incarnate Word was his best scoring game, to the tune of 3 TDs

From just listening and observing, does he have some mental issues? At least around the game?

(Update: I heard him on an odd rant about football and medical conspiracies. Some ex players pointed it out at Apogee when he just left the team. It was really strange.)

Edited by UNTexas
  • Confused 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

How is he in an all-star game?

Curious comment at the end about Hawaii giving him a second chance to play. 

I agree about the comment on a second chance. Did we tell him his services were no longer needed here or did he make that up in his head? I would think that we would have taken care of him and put him on the field this past season.

My recollection is that there was some disagreement over treatment for his injury. I feel like I recall someone saying the staff wanted him to have surgery and he refused and decided to sit out and transfer rather than have knee surgery almost as if he didn’t believe the injury was as severe as it was.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 12:17 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Will be our draft luck. He leaves here, his play at UH has absolutely nothing to do with him getting drafted, and he ends up getting drafted from the "U of Hawaii" and they show his highlights from UNT 

That's forgone conclusion. 

41 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

How would it have been a grades issue if he graduated? Or did he not actually graduate? He was billed as a grad transfer and immediately eligible because of it, before the NCAA made every first-time transfer eligible 

Exactly - I think it is sour grapes with that planted rumor. He wanted out for whatever reason and was going to grad transfer and rehab on his own. Someone got butt-hurt by that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

Exactly - I think it is sour grapes with that planted rumor. He wanted out for whatever reason and was going to grad transfer and rehab on his own. Someone got butt-hurt by that. 

I always heard it was over the knee and him not wanting surgery.

• Upvote 1