Can anyone identify UNT’s opponent in this vintage Fouts Field photograph?

PlummMeanGreen

8 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Everyone, it’s clearly SMU and there is proof. Now does anyone have a picture of the Fouts crowd against K State in 2010? I have seen very few pictures of that game 

Nor is there any video of the Kansas State at UNT & Fouts Field finale game that I can detect.  

At 70 I find I ramble even more so...

•••Not that he’s relevant, but why no video of UNT alum & a pioneer of rock & roll one Pat Boone singing the national anthem at the debut of Apogee Stadium?  Good gosh, how many stadium debuts do we get to attend in a lifetime?  I had 2:  the  Houston Astrodome on April 9, 1965 &...Apogee Stadium, September of 2011.  History just needs to be recorded, that’s all.  Why did General Eisenhower insists the most visible & telling results of Kraków & Aushwitz be filmed & photographed?  

••• Unrelated to sports but best my personal research can tell, UNT also failed to film the grand opening & full concert of the Murchison Performing Arts Center.  I had the flu & couldn’t use my tickets, but did listen to it live on WRR-FM in Dallas. Yet the event was a pretty big deal that many high rollers participated like Van Cliburn, the Bass family of Fort Worth, Mort Meyerson Center officials, etc, etc, etc. 

🦅❇️🦅GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Nor is there any video of the Kansas State at UNT & Fouts Field finale game that I can detect.  

At 70 I find I ramble even more so...

•••Not that he’s relevant, but why no video of UNT alum & a pioneer of rock & roll one Pat Boone singing the national anthem at the debut of Apogee Stadium?  Good gosh, how many stadium debuts do we get to attend in a lifetime?  I had 2:  the  Houston Astrodome on April 9, 1965 &...Apogee Stadium, September of 2011.  History just needs to be recorded, that’s all.  Why did General Eisenhower insists the most visible & telling results of Kraków & Aushwitz be filmed & photographed?  

••• Unrelated to sports but best my personal research can tell, UNT also failed to film the grand opening & full concert of the Murchison Performing Arts Center.  I had the flu & couldn’t use my tickets, but did listen to it live on WRR-FM in Dallas. Yet the event was a pretty big deal that many high rollers participated like Van Cliburn, the Bass family of Fort Worth, Mort Meyerson Center officials, etc, etc, etc. 

🦅❇️🦅GMG!

I think I saw a YouTube video that captured a part of Pat Boone signing the national anthem against UH, but that’s so weird nobody can find, or have, any pictures or videos of Kstate.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

That's clearly Photoshopped because there is no red from UH, but that Fouts picture is real. It has to be. We need someone who was at that game to confirm it!

It isn’t. I remember when that pic was posted then because I laughed. It was right after the SMU game. We never packed out fouts like that. Even the Baylor game with 27,000 didn’t look like that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

16 minutes ago, Travis said:

It isn’t. I remember when that pic was posted then because I laughed. It was right after the SMU game. We never packed out fouts like that. Even the Baylor game with 27,000 didn’t look like that. 

https://rjy.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/09-09-2006-SMU/G0000oBs11Ewqe_8/I0000NQV3HSHZnys/C0000Q347LI0RTt0

You are correct. Major photoshop job

4AD466C6-12B0-4776-8CF7-8652ADAAB79A.jpegimage.jpeg.6898f23809fba03ea63a02ae7f101fbb.jpeg

These aren't the exact same picture, but it would be difficult to argue that they aren't from the same game.  The pic on the top is the mystery photo and the pic on the bottom is from the 2006 SMU game.  You can tell it's not the same pic by the cars on the highway, the player positioning on the field, and the line of sight when looking at the north visitor's side light grid vs. the green & white water tower in the distance.  However, the crowd looks similar (minus the suspected photoshop job in the North end zone).  What really makes it obvious it is from the same game is the cars in the parking lot.

Also, on the grassy knoll, you can see a tent in the bottom picture that is obscured by the score board in the upper pic.

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1