Big If Here, But...

UNTLifer

10 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Over half of that list either just got there this year, or is in their 2nd year with the program. The ones that have been at their school for longer, I just can’t see leaving. I would love a person like Leavitt or Lambert, but I just don’t think we offer enough. 

Who knows though, anything can happen like Bowen getting fired.

I just think at this point. Seth has to hire a proven DC with skins on the wall. Next year is 110% must win. If I had to put money on it Bowen is back next season. I’m hearing way too many covid/new scheme excuses. Also don’t think Athletic department has money to buy Bowen out and pay another guy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Over half of that list either just got there this year, or is in their 2nd year with the program. The ones that have been at their school for longer, I just can’t see leaving. I would love a person like Leavitt or Lambert, but I just don’t think we offer enough. 

Who knows though, anything can happen like Bowen getting fired.

I like the list, but that was my thought as well.  How many of those are we realistically going to pull away from their current program?  I guess my thought would be to look at a position assistant at another G5 or a P5 or a successful DC from the FCS level.  I don't really know who those may be off the top of my head and thought some of you that are more in the know might have some in mind.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

2 year is what I have been told

Not sure if this is correct, but according to Vito . . .

UNT’s 10 assistants with on-field coaching roles will all make at least $100,000 in 2020. Each signed one-year contracts in the past few weeks.

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/unt-paying-hefty-amount-to-add-bowen-to-coaching-staff/article_253f923d-ca2b-5466-971e-ed33c62e4181.html

3 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I like the list, but that was my thought as well.  How many of those are we realistically going to pull away from their current program?  I guess my thought would be to look at a position assistant at another G5 or a P5 or a successful DC from the FCS level.  I don't really know who those may be off the top of my head and thought some of you that are more in the know might have some in mind.

3 of the guys on my list are unemployed currently. The rest on the list I believe Bowen is currently making more than. I could see them not wanting to come join a sinking ship. But if they say no I don’t think it be money. Thing about getting a position coach with no play calling experience you run the risk of getting the next bodie reeder. Seth cannot take that risk at this stage. I would rather roll with Bowen. But I would let him have the opportunity to bring in his assistant coaches. 

9 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I just think at this point. Seth has to hire a proven DC with skins on the wall. Next year is 110% must win. If I had to put money on it Bowen is back next season. I’m hearing way too many covid/new scheme excuses. Also don’t think Athletic department has money to buy Bowen out and pay another guy. 

This is so frustrating, dude isn't going to fix this. He's not proven, if anything He's proven to be a bad to below average DC in all stops. This is just another chapter in the Littrell country club.  You only get kicked out once you burn every possible excuse. Maybe Wren should step in and do the hiring like what was going to happen to Seth at K state. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

11 hours ago, greenminer said:

I'd give a hard look at Bo Pelini, just let go by LSU.

I have no idea what his interest level would be, though.

And at least Bo Pelini would also get our foot in the Land of Candid Yams & fillet gumbo, right?  God knows all the non-LSU schools in the Sportsmen Paradise State have recruited in our backyard.  Turnabout  is (still) fair play?  

🦅❇️🦅 GMG!

Oof... Expect to see a drop in recruiting. Opposition will start to negative recruit against UNT, one would have to imagine. This ship is taking in heavy amounts of water and failure seems imminent. And in SL fashion, he's going down making minimal to zero adjustments like a bulldog with a new toy. Just so much lack of awareness and naive tunnel vision. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

And at least Bo Pelini would also get our foot in the Land of Candid Yams & fillet gumbo, right?  God knows all the non-LSU schools in the Sportsmen Paradise State have recruited in our backyard.  Turnabout  is (still) fair play?  

🦅❇️🦅 GMG!

Wasn’t Pelini the Nebraska HC about 10 years ago?